PSG Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry don't mean to insult you. You've obviously taken it personally. We do as fans. That was a shit show and to struggle like that against Metz. Well deary me.
I didn't take it personally. I'm just doubting you would really give up on football if it was your team playing. It is totally understandable you don't want to be bored watching a game between two teams you don't care about. ^^

PSG is terrible but it is nothing new. PSG under Tuchel is always terrible unless Neymar or Mbappé (or Di Maria today with the 2 other talents being out) make some magic happen.

I don't know if i would say we struggle that much against Metz. They were awful. They even lost being 11 v 9 parisians.
Our problem is we can't score goals ever since the Corona break. During the CL reboot, Marquinhos was our best scorer. Neymar and Mbappé scored 0 and Di Maria only 1. We scored 0 against Lens, 0 against OM and almost 0 against Metz too.
All that while we "dominated" all those games.

We all know football is about scoring goals and we were doing it for fun some months ago. We were always one of the most prolific sides (in goal numbers) last few years and we have suddenly turned into the most sterile team of all time.

As it happens Neymar's bad games are highlighted a lot more than his good ones because it is a rarity. Also PSG are so not serious, look at the state of their squad. That midfield outside of Verratti is mid table tier, that attack solely reliant on Mbappe and Neymar, that defence outside of Marquinhos also average. They win the league still because Tuchel is a good coach and there is very little competition. Neymar himself can't do everything and it's obvious teams target him because they know he's the only good player in side when Mbappe is out.

of course, Neymar went there himself, but it's clear the project is not fulfilling the promises they made on signing him.

And,yep he still is,always has been,and always will be a cheating,diving soft twat.

I didn't take it personally. I'm just doubting you would really give up on football if it was your team playing. It is totally understandable you don't want to be bored watching a game between two teams you don't care about. ^^

PSG is terrible but it is nothing new. PSG under Tuchel is always terrible unless Neymar or Mbappé (or Di Maria today with the 2 other talents being out) make some magic happen.

I don't know if i would say we struggle that much against Metz. They were awful. They even lost being 11 v 9 parisians.
Our problem is we can't score goals ever since the Corona break. During the CL reboot, Marquinhos was our best scorer. Neymar and Mbappé scored 0 and Di Maria only 1. We scored 0 against Lens, 0 against OM and almost 0 against Metz too.

We all know football is about scoring goals and we were doing it for fun some months ago. We were always one of the most prolific sides (in goal numbers) last few years and we have suddenly turned into the most sterile team of all time.
Maybe I was a bit over the top. Your playing Metz who in comparison are a journeyman team and all this throwing yourself to the floor and trying to gain an advantage is in fucking believable and wrong. You may think I'm looking through blue tinted specs, but I DO KNOW, we're an honest side.

Do you think PSG will have to change their model? Will Neymar and Mbappe leave in the next year or two? Perhaps building a more balanced team and squad, without the high cost superstar's.

Maybe I was a bit over the top. Your playing Metz who in comparison are a journeyman team and all this throwing yourself to the floor and trying to gain an advantage is in fucking believable and wrong. You may think I'm looking through blue tinted specs, but I DO KNOW, we're an honest side.
Look at our players :

They are gassed. The season started in the absolute worst circumstances ever.

Meanwhile, Bayern asked to report their domestic cup game (because of the heavy workload of the players, notably the ones who had to play for their national team) which was to be played the 11 of this month and they will only start the season tomorrow.

If you have followed french football, you would have known there was an outrage when PSG asked to report the game against Lens (which was reported to the 10th lol). They were saying it was favouritism, Qatar overpowering the league and what not...

When our players caught Covid, there was another outrage. Then Mbappé caught Covid with the national team and the club learnt the news from the media (the national team didn't even notify the club and the club had to verify the news with the player who had already sent packing home).

Do you think PSG will have to change their model? Will Neymar and Mbappe leave in the next year or two? Perhaps building a more balanced team and squad, without the high cost superstar's.
Well, you have to understand that when PSG bought Neymar and Mbappé, they had their contracts valued validated by UEFA. If you had followed that summer, PSG was actually very close to get Fabinho.

What happened is we got fucked by Tebas and co. lobbying and UEFA halved the value of QTA + reduced some other contracts and we have even stopped QTA contract altogether.

The strategy was never Neymar + Mbappé and nothing else. We were forced to by their moving the goalposts strategy.

I don't think the goal is to change the model. In fact, if Neymar and Mbappé were to renew, it would decrease tremendously their amortization. We could therefore easily buy a top midfielder with the money saved. The problem is they aren't renewing (Mbappé won't renew i'm sure of it and with the last game, i'm not sure Neymar wants to stay in L1 either since players/media/referees are hostile to him).

If we lose both of them, it will inevitably affect our commercial income too. It is not so clear cut that getting a more balanced squad will help us compete better on and off the pitch.

Also, you have to remember that L1 is a big hurdle. We can maybe sign Neymar or Mbappé or Messi because there are only very few clubs in the world that can afford them. But, when we want the Thiago Alcantara, the Partey of this world, they rather go to Arsenal or MU or Liverpool to play in the PL. And this is how you end up with useless Gueye.

So, we can wish to have a more balanced team but we prolly won't get the top picks on the good but middle priced players while we can aim for the top picks on the very good but highly priced players because of less competition.

Well, you have to understand that when PSG bought Neymar and Mbappé, they had their contracts valued validated by UEFA. If you had followed that summer, PSG was actually very close to get Fabinho.

What happened is we got fucked by Tebas and co. lobbying and UEFA halved the value of QTA + reduced some other contracts and we have even stopped QTA contract altogether.

The strategy was never Neymar + Mbappé and nothing else. We were forced to by their moving the goalposts strategy.

I don't think the goal is to change the model. In fact, if Neymar and Mbappé were to renew, it would decrease tremendously their amortization. We could therefore easily buy a top midfielder with the money saved. The problem is they aren't renewing (Mbappé won't renew i'm sure of it and with the last game, i'm not sure Neymar wants to stay in L1 either since players/media/referees are hostile to him).

If we lose both of them, it will inevitably affect our commercial income too. It is not so clear cut that getting a more balanced squad will help us compete better on and off the pitch.

Also, you have to remember that L1 is a big hurdle. We can maybe sign Neymar or Mbappé or Messi because there are only very few clubs in the world that can afford them. But, when we want the Thiago Alcantara, the Partey of this world, they rather go to Arsenal or MU or Liverpool to play in the PL. And this is how you end up with useless Gueye.

So, we can wish to have a more balanced team but we prolly won't get the top picks on the good but middle priced players while we can aim for the top picks on the very good but highly priced players because of less competition.

You had a very good team before Neymar and Mbappe, definitely a better overall squad but will these superstar's be happy in L1 long-term? Probably not imo, maybe without the Neymar and Mbappe's you could finance the Thiago and Partey deals and many others.

You really should become the Bayern of France, in that you get the pick of all the best French players, because the talent in French football is outstanding, and from the outside looking in you are currently the biggest club in France by a mile.

You had a very good team before Neymar and Mbappe, definitely a better overall squad but will these superstar's be happy in L1 long-term? Probably not imo, maybe without the Neymar and Mbappe's you could finance the Thiago and Partey deals and many others.

You really should become the Bayern of France, in that you get the pick of all the best French players, because the talent in French football is outstanding, and from the outside looking in you are currently the biggest club in France by a mile.
You don't get it.

We can't get Thiago or Partey deals because they prefer playing in PL. When a player like Partey prefers going to Arsenal without CL football rather than going to PSG, you can understand how much an hurdle L1 can be. Bayern is moaning because Thaigo Alcantara has agreed terms with english sides and they don't wanna pay the 30 M. Do you think PSG wouldn't be interested in him ?

So, as it stands, it is ironically easier to get top picks of the highly priced players than the top picks of the more affordable players for PSG.

And i agree with you about the fact we should become the Bayern of France but French people don't have the same mindset with the German. Look at all the good players Lyon has unearthed and how many went to PSG. Aulas wouldn't sell us anything unless it is really overpriced. Same with Monaco, OM obviously. Contrary to Bayern, we are being milked in our domestic market so much that we have few french players and it is more affordable to buy players from abroad. Even our very own players from our academy are ungrateful, we can't expect much from the other clubs french players. In fact, i would even say that foreign players have more respect for our league than french players. Then, you add the "Poulidor" mentality (people liking the underdog story) and the Qatar ownership and you can easily see why PSG isn't love as much as it should.

We only have 1 very good french player in the team and it is Mbappé. You have to remember that Mbappé only joined PSG because he absolutely refused to join Real Madrid at the time despite Monaco Vice President wish. And it was for 180 M (with all bonuses). To get a player like Aouar or Camavinga, we have to hope the same mindset from those players and it won't happen. Hence why Aouar will join Arsenal for a moderate fee while our midfield is dogshit.

PS: about our team before Neymar/Mbappé, the season before they arrived is the last one when we didn't win L1 title. The season we lost 6-1 to Barcelona (despite dodgy refereing we were shit).

If you are thinking about the seasons before that, well, we had Zlatan at his prime. You should notice we didn't win L1 the season before Zlatan/Thiago Silva/Verratti joined. It seems we simply cannot win the league without a very strong attacking superstar. We definitely played better at this time but it was Laurent Blanc style (Barça lite, his Bordeaux was playing cool football too) and we actually had a good midfield with Matuidi, Motta, Verratti. Two of those players have not been replaced adequately to this day, explaining our decline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.