Pep's contract situation | Expected to leave at the end of next season according to Jack Gaughan (p1332)

Agree 100 per cent. The Lyon match felt like a defining moment for the players. Kev's interview afterwards where he used the phrase "it was the same old stuff" spoke volumes. It was a moment where some of Pep's magic faded a bit. Confidence is everything in football. I think Moday's game is critical for our coming season.
"Same old stuff", could probably use that comment to throw jabs at Sterling and Jesus once again missing chances or the defence failing to do the basics.

Monday wont be any sort of indication at all, preparation has been fucked since the whole lockdown period.

Really feel like this shortened pre-season could work against Pep and the team. Feels like a continuation of last season, without the chance for us to take stock and work on some of the issues we had to get back to our best.

We haven't addressed the problem in the midfield with lack of mobility and the ease with which teams would run through our middle, so I don't see much changing in that aspect of our game.

At this stage, unless Pep can get to the final of the CL I think that a fresh change may be good for us, so long as we pick wisely.

I am sick of hearing about players signing just for Pep, they sign for Manchester City FC.

And if they are signing for a manager and not the club it's not healthy.

The manager is one of the great coaches and understandable that players want to work with him but the club should be the biggest attraction.

Every elite club in Europe can offer pretty much the same things to a player, some will pick the biggest pay cheque, others may pick the most desirable place to live and some will pick based on the manager and the style of football. Peps the biggest asset we’ve got in terms of standing out from the rest, I’ve no issue with players stating that was the thing that made them choose us.

"Same old stuff", could probably use that comment to throw jabs at Sterling and Jesus once again missing chances or the defence failing to do the basics.

Monday wont be any sort of indication at all, preparation has been fucked since the whole lockdown period.
Most clubs have had a disrupted pre-season. I think Monday is important for us because we have to get the Lyon result out of our system. It's an important game against a tough opponent. Even the best players can be affected by confidence issues. I hope we can come out of the blocks fast.

Pep's the best manager in the world but he works best in 3-4 year stints, too much fatigue from everyone involved to always keep going again with same mental readyness.

Like with players, we have to learn to say goodbye in the right moment. Let's go one final time and start fresh next year with a new man. I don't think anyone wins by doing 1 year extensions.

Interesting comments from Thiago about Pep

'They had a good professional relationship but as with many players under Pep's management, the experience together was too intense. 'Very, very few go running back to him,'

Not the first time we have heard it.

I think if he was going to extend he would have done it by now.Nothing to be gained by leaking his intentions and the players no longer responding on the Field

Hope i am wrong.

I am sure the Club has all angles covered what ever the future holds.

My biggest fear,is the "is he,isn't he Circus" will follow us in to every game and undermine the Season.

First defeat will be the MSM Starting shot

We lose ground then by Christmas i expect the Rag MSM will be going nuclear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.