COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Burnham has added his voice to the reconvene Cobra demands of Scotland and N Ireland and also says a place on it should be given to the NW.
Andy Burnham the best mayor ever for getting involved with matters he has no influence on and doing sod all on matters he is responsible for. Here is one for you Andy, how about you sort out the public transport users who refuse to wear face masks.

Friend of mine is a GP for the NHS she had an asthma attack at 4am this morning and had to be rushed to hospital. She's tested positive for COVID. Aside from mild asthma she has no other health conditions, is fit healthy and 32. The whole 'underlying conditions' needs to be done away with, as it's so loosely thrown around and totally insensitive.

I really hope the government clarifies the 500 quid help for those on low incomes, otherwise our phones will be inundated tomorrow :-(

12 deaths today then.
So, if this ‘second wave’ started with the ‘eat out to help out’ as well as around the bank holiday and the poor weather, shouldn’t there be hundreds of daily deaths by now? If not hundreds, shouldn’t they be doubling every few days?
We started off by trying to flatten the curve and we seem to have moved on to ‘eliminating the virus’ which is as stupid as it is pointless.
This curve was entirely predictable, as it follows the curve of all respiratory viruses and what we are now seeing is an expected rise in cases and a seeming expectation from people that that will translate into a huge rise in deaths and hospitalisations, but that’s not how it looks.
I suppose the problem starts when you stop using evidence as the basis for science and decision making and use guess work and ‘modelling‘.

18 all settings deaths. Was 5 last Sunday.

Cases 3899 - 523 down on yesterday. But 569 up on last Sunday.

So 3279 cases from England today.

Interesting article on the virus:
Vitamin D is the way to go...

Interestingly, Jacobson’s team also suggests vitamin D as a potentially useful Covid-19 drug. The vitamin is involved in the RAS system and could prove helpful by reducing levels of another compound, known as REN. Again, this could stop potentially deadly bradykinin storms from forming. The researchers note that vitamin D has already been shown to help those with Covid-19. The vitamin is readily available over the counter, and around 20% of the population is deficient. If indeed the vitamin proves effective at reducing the severity of bradykinin storms, it could be an easy, relatively safe way to reduce the severity of the virus.

18 all settings deaths. Was 5 last Sunday.

Cases 3899 - 523 down on yesterday. But 569 up on last Sunday.

So 3279 cases from England today.

It’s not going crazily out of control by the look of things or am I missing something? Seems to have been around 3 to 4K for a few weeks? Keep it at that through an on and off switch of control until we have a vaccine? I know I will get shot on here for saying it but the government have done a bloody good job on the whole. Rayners comments today had me nearly head butting the wall. Could you imagine her in charge of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.