COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social distancing only works if everybody is doing it. When half are and half aren't it becomes a waste of time.

I understand people's passionate pleas for people to social distance and adhere to lockdowns etc but just as an example, I come into contact with my team of 6 on a day to day at work (cannot distance because of the work I do). My Wife in in contact with 100+ patients/colleagues albeit with PPE. My Son is at nursery with 40+ kids and 12 staff members.

We haven't been going to the pub etc and have kept all other contact down to a minimum and outdoors weather dependent. We rely on my in-laws for childcare 2 days out of 5 and will need to continue this arrangement so will be breaking the law unfortunately.

X millions in the same situation. Social distancing cannot work because the majority literally cannot do it one way or another.

The whole thing has been a cock up from start to finish and I think many have given up. In a day you can be surrounded by people going to work. At work and coming back. Same with shopping plus a pile of other necessities. You see the pubs open and others in it. You are allowed to go in pubs so people will.

We are at the stage where people will do there own risk assessment because we have been let down and we cannot trust or even put logic to what the govt says.

I would like to know what they are counting as underlying health conditions , it was killing plenty of healthy people but now only those not pure "healthy" they have lied so much that I want to see the criteria they are now using , you don't have to be 100% healthy , is it people with gout or a ulcer on their leg, what ?
if you think back Kaz this is how it was described at the start when the numbers were low and when we were into the 1000 a day then it was dropped, but yes what is underlying health conditions, i suppose anything could be if you went into it deap enough

Andy Burnham has added his voice to the reconvene Cobra demands of Scotland and N Ireland and also says a place on it should be given to the NW.

The whole thing has been a cock up from start to finish and I think many have given up. In a day you can be surrounded by people going to work. At work and coming back. Same with shopping plus a pile of other necessities. You see the pubs open and others in it. You are allowed to go in pubs so people will.

We are at the stage where people will do there own risk assessment because we have been let down and we cannot trust or even put logic to what the govt says.
Yes exactly the messages are so confusing. I've let my 7 year old play out with her friend on the road as in my eyes, if shes allowed to mix with 30 other kids I cant say no and keep her in when her mate knocks on for her. She's 7 and all she wants to do is play out with her mate. Same with me I'm allowed to go into work and sit with 10 other people for 9 hours a day with Aircon on but cant meet my family. That's why so many have given up and this is from someone who has indirect experience through the mrs working on the covid wards when it kicked off in april... the rules just make no sense so cannot blame people for ignoring them one bit

N ireland data 0 deaths happily, 176 cases, 21 in hospital and 4 on icu ventiltors.

Given the weekly average was 913 yesterday and last Sunday there were 89 cases fewer in NI I fear that will take them to over 1000 at 1002. Double the rolling average a week ago.

Yes exactly the messages are so confusing. I've let my 7 year old play out with her friend on the road as in my eyes, if shes allowed to mix with 30 other kids I cant say no and keep her in when her mate knocks on for her. She's 7 and all she wants to do is play out with her mate. Same with me I'm allowed to go into work and sit with 10 other people for 9 hours a day with Aircon on but cant meet my family. That's why so many have given up and this is from someone who has indirect experience through the mrs working on the covid wards when it kicked off in april... the rules just make no sense so cannot blame people for ignoring them one bit

Agree completely and for all.of those blaming the young I come into contact with mainly the elderly and believe me a lot of them can be the biggest selfish arseholes you will ever meet. Pubs are full of the middle aged as well.

So UK total deaths are all from England hospitals at 12. And the three nations (withot England) cases 620. Versus 5 deaths and 493 cases last Sunday.

if you think back Kaz this is how it was described at the start when the numbers were low and when we were into the 1000 a day then it was dropped, but yes what is underlying health conditions, i suppose anything could be if you went into it deap enough
I will try and find the criteria , they have lied so much and changed it to a 28 day limit when lots have died after 2-3 months on ventilators, some a lot longer ,also there is nothing from them on us long covid patients , if my lungs pack up and i died an i not an covid death as i had healthy lungs before ? i would like to hear more about that ,this might scare some people into not taking risks

Knocking 5,000 of the death numbers for what , where is the explanation on why they took those particular people off ,this is all very shady

So what's the bets on the 2nd lockdown?

A - Early this week (Monday-Tuesday)
B - Late this week (Wednesday onwards)
C - The following Monday
D - Sometime further into the future.
E - There's not going to be a second lockdown anytime soon

I'm thinking next Monday at the earliest once they've got the message out on the importance of it. I think people will need a lot of convincing so it'll be a tricky one to sell.
E
There will not be another lockdown anytime soon as the government will keep backing good old British common sense and will seek further to apportion the blame onto the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.