COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're banned from the whole of the politics threads or just the corona one?

All of them mate. I am glad.i console myself when made out to be some type of leper for praising the conservatives when they win elections. As they will the next one.

12 deaths today then.
So, if this ‘second wave’ started with the ‘eat out to help out’ as well as around the bank holiday and the poor weather, shouldn’t there be hundreds of daily deaths by now? If not hundreds, shouldn’t they be doubling every few days?
No. The eat out to help out scheme was in pubs and eateries where you had to book a table and sit at it with social distancing managed via the seating and table layout. Who is saying that the increases in cases started with that anyway?

Friend of mine is a GP for the NHS she had an asthma attack at 4am this morning and had to be rushed to hospital. She's tested positive for COVID. Aside from mild asthma she has no other health conditions, is fit healthy and 32. The whole 'underlying conditions' needs to be done away with, as it's so loosely thrown around and totally insensitive.
I think asthma counts as it is a lung condition,k think that one is fair, hope she is ok

GM total score today is 472 - 170 down from yesterday - so a pretty good day with falls all round - some a lot more than others - but all healthy - and our first sub 20 total in a few days for one borough.

So 472 out of 1061 NW today versus 642 out of 1334 NW yesterday. So about 42% of NW total v 48% yesterday.

So all in all a better day in GM.

Vit D is easily obtainable and cheap. I cannot think of one reason not to take it in these circumstances

Not argument there - I take multiple supplements. People just need to ensure they are realistic about it not being a silver bullet solution.

It’s not going crazily out of control by the look of things or am I missing something? Seems to have been around 3 to 4K for a few weeks? Keep it at that through an on and off switch of control until we have a vaccine? I know I will get shot on here for saying it but the government have done a bloody good job on the whole. Rayners comments today had me nearly head butting the wall. Could you imagine her in charge of this?
This face masks and social distancing and hand sanitising and regular disinfecting of surfaces are reducing the spread dramatically.
I think pubs will be shut if thinks keep going upwards though. As a minimum additional regs need to be brought in, like:
- Sit down drinking only.
- Table service only.
- Walking in/at the premesis requires the wearing of a face mask.
- Fines for visiting multiple pub premesis ramping up by the number of places visited. (The twat in Bolton who went on a pub crawl after coming back from holiday triggered the Bolton numbers all on his own.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.