Jules Koundé

Really don't understand the obsession with height. Football is played on the ground. Counter attacks is our weakness not high balls in to box. Tall centrebacks means we can't cover ground at the back and stop counters, especially with Rodri in the middle who is not mobile.

City need athletic defenders who can read the game, combined with good technical ability.

Anyone else want to share with us regarding their revelation that Kounde is not 3 meters tall?

Have just found out he's not 3 metres tall, or even taller ... more like five feet, ten inches tall , on a good day ... and a much needed right footed central defender to boot!

We're giving Barca him for free before this window is closed?

Because La Liga told them they can't buy anyone right now.

TBF, they are trying to sell players, so that's the condition before they can buy anyone, as far as I heard.

And they have just got rid of Vidal, with Semedo and Suarez due to join them very soon. One of which (Semedo) is going to net them £30m, which will fund a couple of transfers, Garcia likely being one of them.

Really don't understand the obsession with height. Football is played on the ground. Counter attacks is our weakness not high balls in to box. Tall centrebacks means we can't cover ground at the back and stop counters, especially with Rodri in the middle who is not mobile.

City need athletic defenders who can read the game, combined with good technical ability.
Funny thing is, it's not normally headed goals we concede, so don't even know where it's come from

It is a valid concern when you have someone like Garcia who doesn't have any athleticism.

Obviously when you have someone that can leap like Kounde, it's not really a significant issue.

Fernandinho in his prime comes to mind - he was excellent in the air up against players much bigger.

Seriously 1.78m is fucking ridiculous. He’d lose an aerial duel against all tall defenders in the league who have a decent jump. Sure his sprint can help him a bit, but these tall CBs can jump as well. I just can’t see this being successful, there’s no way.

Seriously 1.78m is fucking ridiculous. He’d lose an aerial duel against all tall defenders in the league who have a decent jump. Sure his sprint can help him a bit, but these tall CBs can jump as well. I just can’t see this being successful, there’s no way.
Make check the statistics on him in this topic before making such assumptions. I don’t recall Cannavaro being 17 feet tall, and he was rather successful at his trade.

Has he shrunk since you said you wanted him then.

Yeah fuck right. If only you’re allowed to jump in football!

There are so many other variables in winning aerial duels : timing, positioning, jumping ability, aggresiveness, etc. If players can only head the ball from a standing stance then yeah people should be concerned. As it stands statistically Kounde wins more aerial battle than VVD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.