Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Brilliant 1st half, poor 2nd half. I'm not too worried about that as long as we acknowledge we were lucky. It was obvious we were knackered from around 65th minute onwards - except for Fern who was brilliant throughout. Individually sadly the only one I would mention is Mendy once again. He is still on this evidence nowhere near the player we thought we'd bought. In his 'defence', such as it is, others in the team (Rodri in particular?) should have supported him better once Traore remembered what he was supposed to be doing in the 2nd half. Good win though against a clever team. Others will drop points against them.
Mendy was up against Traore. He is their danger man.

As you say many teams will drop points against a good Wolves side. We'd have won by more had fatigue not been a big factor in the 2nd half.

Anybody else experiencing a certain amount of difficulty in getting genuinely excited about this ‘football without people’, or is it just me?
Last night's result – a fine result against a difficult team. I should have been absolutely buzzing. I'm not going to lie. I wasn't. I was quietly chuffed. I'm certain that I would have felt entirely different if there had been the crowd in the stadium, theirs and ours.
It's just so very unnatural. I thought I'd get used to it, but if anything, the opposite is happening.
Whilst it maybe unnatural the disconnect will be temporary. Stick with it. Will the blues on and we'll see them over the line at the Etihad next year.

Firstly, most importantly, and overall, a very good result. Tough start that and to win 3-1 away from home was beyond expectations as was the quality and intensity we showed in the first half. The new look 4-2-3-1 with Rodri and Fernandinho made us look really solid.

However, the first 15 minutes of the second half did highlight our concerns before the game. Mendy was walked round a few times, failed to stop the crosses and unfortunately despite looking the part for the majority of the game (and there was a lot to like) Stones just switched off a few times allowing runners to get in behind me or people to run off him and get a free header in. As pointed out earlier these situations did occur when we had no pressure on the ball.

I am worried about the left-back position from a defensive perspective, especially when they may well be asked to defend 1-2-1 situations a fair bit. Neither Mendy or Zinchenko really inspire confidence.

However, excellent result, we weren’t going to be perfect for the 90 minutes, but we got through it. Plenty of decent performances, thought Foden was excellent and De Bruyne. Really happy with Ake too, he has the physicality of Otamendi but is far cooler and his distribution was faultless.

If we need a defensive left back, Ake could sit there next to Laporte for those kind of games.

Nobody was poor last night, well LB maybe, I would go as far as being 1 of our best 45 minutes this year, forget games after lockdown last night meant everything with those cnuts 6 points clear

Going back to Gabby, he frustrates the shit out of me, work rate is awsome you always get that level of effort from him but he's paid to score goals not just last night but many games he just isn't that CF who will bag you 20 much needed goals although he would cause havoc closing down defenders but he misses far to many imo
I see him as a false 9 rather than an out & out striker something City will be forced into next Summer

All I'm saying if Aguero misses a huge chunk then we are very limited up top, we are very lucky we have wingers & midfielders who score between 10-20 each goals a season

Like i said Gabby I like but not No 1 goal scorer which eventually we will need
Young Delap is very talented by all accounts
Gabby got 23 goals last season and has 69 from 153 appearances for City. At 23 he has almost a one in two scoring record for Brazil. He's already a top class player and, because he works so hard, he will just get better and better. There is not a single striker in the Premier league I would swap him for. The only one that gets close is Timo Verner who is excellent but doesn't work for the team like Gabby.
Sergio has been a once-in-a generation striker and replacing him like-for-like will be virtually impossible. Harland is possibly the only one that could do it. There's no reason why Gabby can't improve his finishing skills like Sterling has done. I think Gabby will become a City legend whatever some of his critics think.

Maybe that is the issue ?

Maybe he's reacting to many previous interviews from the same c**t ?
Bet it is difficult for him to do chin ups.
Marriner was on form. Jesus gets kicked and pushed all game and rather than book a Wolves player he books Jesus for his first foul. Mendy's yellow was for a very soft foul with no malicious intent. Rodri was just stupid.
I was trying to remember who did something similar last season when a team fouled and wasted time from kick off particularly on goal kicks. Eddie did just a bit once City scored and was booked straight away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.