Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Firstly, most importantly, and overall, a very good result. Tough start that and to win 3-1 away from home was beyond expectations as was the quality and intensity we showed in the first half. The new look 4-2-3-1 with Rodri and Fernandinho made us look really solid.

However, the first 15 minutes of the second half did highlight our concerns before the game. Mendy was walked round a few times, failed to stop the crosses and unfortunately despite looking the part for the majority of the game (and there was a lot to like) Stones just switched off a few times allowing runners to get in behind me or people to run off him and get a free header in. As pointed out earlier these situations did occur when we had no pressure on the ball.

I am worried about the left-back position from a defensive perspective, especially when they may well be asked to defend 1-2-1 situations a fair bit. Neither Mendy or Zinchenko really inspire confidence.

However, excellent result, we weren’t going to be perfect for the 90 minutes, but we got through it. Plenty of decent performances, thought Foden was excellent and De Bruyne. Really happy with Ake too, he has the physicality of Otamendi but is far cooler and his distribution was faultless.

nothing to do with a midfield that quickly became knackered?
You cant rely on your midfield shielding you from all dangerous situations in full 90 minutes. When defense is exposed they need to step up a bit. I have no problems with stones..he was good today But Mendy should be not beaten 1v1 so easily..knock past and run = a good cross or chance for wolves

Technically, that was by far the highest quality game (both teams) of the season - and possibly even last season

I think Ake is going to develop in to a cracking player.

Calm,composed,and he times his tackles so well.

Some are criticizing Mendy for being skinned by the fastest Player in the League.

I will forgive him that.

The real problem for me with Mendy, is he is all over the show,his situational awareness is shocking.And i think he unsettles the defense.He is not a defender,never has been.The injuries robbed him of a yard of pace.

Do you mean Traora ? Thought it was Podence that beat him twice

Gabby was excellent tonight, never stopped running tonight and what I like about him he never hides.
And he got the shit kicked out of him.

Sure Wolves are a good side.

They are also a dirty side. leaving a little bit on with their challenges.They have also mastered tactical fouling,shirt pulling,and using their arms a lot to prevent movement.As always the Ref sees fuck all when it is against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.