John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ability this ability that, we know he is capable, but inconsistent, and injury prone. Yesterday's performance doesn't change that and the fact that Koundé is coming in probably reiterates it.

Still not sure why anyone would want to sell him right now. Garcia wants to leave and it looks like we're still trying to find Otamendi another club. On top of that, due to covid and the current public perception of him, we'd get fuck all for John right now.

If he can stay fit and stay relatively cock-up free this season then his value will rise again. Even then, I'd rather keep him. If he spends a year getting injured and making stupid mistakes then offload him next summer.

While he had a decent enough game positionally he was caught out a couple of times, him and Mendy both being culpable for the goal. For once we were fortunate, Wolves missed four good chances and on another night we'd have lost after being 2-0 up. I appreciate we lacked match fitness and Ake and Stones hadn't played together before but a decent European team or the dippers wouldn't have let us off the hook. For me his faults are still there, nothings changed, last night luck was on his and our side.

I'd keep John Stones. Not sure if thats because he's english or because i'm an optimist or some other reason. Lets say we did sell him, who would fill his english/hg spot given our foreign quote is pretty stretched? Also its pretty late in the window.
( on the proviso that he cuts that stupid mop top though )

Stones only seemed for solid because he had a double pivot in front of him first the first time under Pep. As soon as Pep reverts back to his two 8s in the mid then you're just back to square one with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.