John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely like Stones and want him to do well but you can’t coach the basic errors he displays out of his game. He lost concentration a couple of times last night and his man ran off the back of him. If he was 18 or 19 you’d say that might improve with age but he’s nearing his peak years but he still switches off in games - hence his high rate of errors. I honestly think City are unfortunately too big a stage for Stones and he needs to move on and drop down a level where there is slightly less scrutiny and maybe less expectation.

Can't see why people are wanting rid this window.
Garcia - wants to go, no point developing him
Nico - legs have gone, reactions have gone. Thanks for everything but time to move on.
Zinchenko - lovely lad, love his passion but he isn't good enough in his own position and is bang average at left back.
Gundogan - same as zinchenko but isn't a cdm.
Mahrez - lovely player, me personally I don't think he fits the team mentality. He just doesn't fit!!! Goes missing far to often puts in token tackles never full blooded challenges.

we could get £80m there easily and a shit load of wages off the books. If we buy a rcb eventually, we still need a lb & a winger to replace mahrez which getting 5 players out and 2 + rcb would do wonders for us. Koulibaly/stones laporte/ake is phenomenal. Stones only plays terrible with nico, get rid of nico and no problem.

He was great last night, if he builds up his confidence he would be a brilliant defender for us, but as long as we sign a new defender he`ll never get a good run of games and it will be hard for him to perform well if he only plays every third game or so

He’s not going to be first choice when everyone is fit and a new CB is brought in, but, if he’s happy to fight for his place and be ready to step up when required then we have ourselves a very good, capable squad player who knows how we play and has the ability to do all the things Pep requires.
No brainier that we try and keep him above Otamendi and Garcia.

While he had a decent enough game positionally he was caught out a couple of times, him and Mendy both being culpable for the goal. For once we were fortunate, Wolves missed four good chances and on another night we'd have lost after being 2-0 up. I appreciate we lacked match fitness and Ake and Stones hadn't played together before but a decent European team or the dippers wouldn't have let us off the hook. For me his faults are still there, nothings changed, last night luck was on his and our side.

I don't think there's a centre half in history would have stopped the goal.

If someone had cut the cross out, first, or Mendy got in front properly, then different. But putting the ball on a striker's head like that, near post, from so close, almost impossible to stop it from behind.

Edit: dippers did let us off with a shedload of chancres, much easier to defend, just a few months ago.

He’s not going to be first choice when everyone is fit and a new CB is brought in, but, if he’s happy to fight for his place and be ready to step up when required then we have ourselves a very good, capable squad player who knows how we play and has the ability to do all the things Pep requires.
No brainier that we try and keep him above Otamendi and Garcia.

Tbf, it should be whoever is best, gets the job.

Last night was the best JS we have seen in a long while.

He naturally tired, as everyone else did in the second half, but nothing but kudos to the fella for last night
What bugs the crap out of me is every time he gets the slightest thing wrong everyone jumps all over it. All CB's make mistakes, even the best in the world, its why its such a difficult position to play. If he can minimise those mistakes and keep doing and improving on what he did last night, he will have a very good season for us.

I wouldn't like to see Stones playing for Arsenal or any other top club, I think he's a very good defender who because of injury and off-field issues had a poor season.

This year he deserves the chance to fight for his place, he's certainly good enough if he plays to his potential. He's a lot better than Garcia or Otamendi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.