John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought his confident passing was back, it really showed up the difference between a CB who is deemed good on the ball like Ake and Stones who is on another level.

It's underrated because they aren't flashy long balls or through balls like some can do, just the ability to read the runs of the midfielders when we are controlling possession slowly, play the ball with pace at the right time into the right space, and then the number 8 gets the ball and can turn and attack instantly with the defenders backpedalling and we've gone from controlling the ball at the back to running at their box in numbers in 5 seconds and 1 pass.

However I thought he did lose his head for a bit and let Podence get in a few times through sloppy defending when we were under pressure.

But we took all 3 points so no harm done, hopefully that was the first brick put down in building his confidence back up.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a centre half in history would have stopped the goal.

If someone had cut the cross out, first, or Mendy got in front properly, then different. But putting the ball on a striker's head like that, near post, from so close, almost impossible to stop it from behind.

Edit: dippers did let us off with a shedload of chancres, much easier to defend, just a few months ago.

Some decent points.

What bugs the crap out of me is every time he gets the slightest thing wrong everyone jumps all over it. All CB's make mistakes, even the best in the world, its why its such a difficult position to play. If he can minimise those mistakes and keep doing and improving on what he did last night, he will have a very good season for us.

You do realise that anyone who makes a mistake is crap to the PlayStation experts on here...and should be replaced by the amazing player on their computer who they'd never heard of before, or ever seen play ;)

Echo most people here in that we all hope he comes good. He did have a good game and he was trying to organise the back 4 throughout the dodgy 15 min spell.

He was getting stuck in which was great to see. Pity he could not bulk up a little as he gets beat too easy for strength. I would still keep him over Garcia.

Good 3/4 choice but should be pushing for no 1 spot. Needs a run and a good year.

Sign Aouar, keep Stones and Garcia this season and use the DC money to try and sign a quality ST as I fear Aguero may miss large chunks of this season. Aour would give us enough quality DM,s to rotate 2 players to protect our central defenders. Jobs a goodun!!

What bugs the crap out of me is every time he gets the slightest thing wrong everyone jumps all over it. All CB's make mistakes, even the best in the world, its why its such a difficult position to play. If he can minimise those mistakes and keep doing and improving on what he did last night, he will have a very good season for us.
Bang on. Thank fuck he never made a mistake like Vyrgil Van Hype made against Leeds,
he would have never heard the last of it. We love a scapegoat at City, always have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.