COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
it can’t close pubs and restaurants . It can not afford to . If it closes the whole of the hospitality industry as they go into their busiest period , the run up to Xmas , it will have to compensate them and the staff .

there is no way it can afford too
If the rate of infection continues to climb after a period of the 2200 closure, then something will have to be sacrificed, and imo, it will be pubs.

Fingers crossed over the coming weeks, a decrease in rates is observed

Surely up to date figures are last Monday data to this Monday.

England 14 deaths v 28. Patients in hospital 782 v 1261. Ventilated Covid patients 88 to 154.

Those are not numbers in the same range when I learned maths. Admittedly a long time ago.

They look to me not far off doubling all round.

I agree they are not at the levels we had in April or aything like and I hope they never get remotely near them. And don;t think they will. But they are all but doubling consistently. Or what am I missing?

Wanting to stop them from doubling next week seems a not unreasonable idea.
Blimey the ventilator numbers have shot up

Wales data 0 deaths happily But 281 cases at 3.1% of tests.

N Ireland data 0 deaths and happily also a lower case load at 75 cases (0.9%). Rolling 7 day average now 963.

Of those 963 there are 118 over 60. Which seems to be consistent like Scotland at around 12% in this case (but Scotland give data over 65 not 60 as here so that is bund to be a higher %).

However, patient numbers in Ireland are up to 36 (+3) and icu ventilator beds up to 5 (was 2 last week).

Surely up to date figures are last Monday data to this Monday.

England 14 deaths v 28. Patients in hospital 782 v 1261. Ventilated Covid patients 88 to 154.

Those are not numbers in the same range when I learned maths. Admittedly a long time ago.

They look to me not far off doubling all round.

I agree they are not at the levels we had in April or aything like and I hope they never get remotely near them. And don;t think they will. But they are all but doubling consistently. Or what am I missing?

Wanting to stop them from doubling next week seems a not unreasonable idea.
You're looking at the figures wrong. Covid deaths are a random variable exhibiting variance over time so being happy it going down 5 in one day, then worrying it goes up by 7 the next day is incorrect. You need to look at the long term trend which is staying static (the curve is not increasing in an upward direction). The figures have only doubled if the mean over time doubles, which it hasn't. There's also the issue that they are counting all deaths as covid if they have tested positive for covid. The numbers unfortunately aren't very accurate.

Death rate is not increasing. Search UK Covid Deaths on google, gives the up to date figures, they have been hanging around the same figures since the beginning of August. Hospitalisation and ventilator usage has gone up a small amount but nothing to imply a larger second wave is on the way.
That's just not the case, either accept that the death rate is rising again or don't reply

Because lifting the restrictions was made by the gov in line with their political needs, it should have been done slower and collect data then ease some more , get test ,track and trace running properly first , sad!y it was more politically advantageous to get things back to normally quickly
Political suicide more like.

Even I could see (without hindsight) how short sighted and (in both the long and short term) counter productive a strategy that is, they MUST have been able to forecast how flawed their ideas were.
As many on here say regularly about referees, "When incompetence seems too high, the chances are that it is deliberate and serves another purpose", my head says we're being lied to :):

What???? I'm looking at the actual data and it isn't going up. The panic and hysteria on this thread is completely ridiculous.

Only on the internet would you get someone who (I presume) is not qualified in the field of medical statistics telling a scientist in that field to accept they are right or shut up. YCNMIU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.