COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think ? ;)

We are back in March and like the first lockdown, stats will suggest we are over the worst and we will come out of them slowly and then things will start to look bad again and well......you know the rest.

At what point do they tell us that this is here to stay. Is now a part of our lives like the flu is and that we are going to have to live with it?

Plenty are and it works for some from an intelligence perspective, pretty sure that these kids social skills are damaged and unless they are intellectual they will not be successful. I don't think it's even a debate whether it's best for kids to be in school or taught at home so not sure why it is being discussed.

The OP said that people shouldn't have kids if they can't afford to stay at home to teach them. That's not how it works. People go to work and help pay his wages and I find it offensive that someone with that mindset is allowed near a kids school.

Oh and I'm pretty sure you called me a see you next Tuesday and disgusting piece of shit. Is that you discussing things normally? I didn't respond to it as it is a bit pathetic resorting to that on an internet forum but I noticed it. Happy to move on...
because after six months i had had enough, i have been through a shit time with covid and i have put up with your digs long enough. happy to move on
You need to take it up with the guy who annoyed you ,my point was only home schooling is not a diaster ,they also go to c!ubs and sports with their friends as do kids in school, they are not isolated ,anyway , rightly the schools are staying open for now

Yep we are effectively back in a full lockdown with households banned from meeting up.

The restrictions now are still less onerous than pre summer. Public places are still open.

There are also exceptions to meeting in households, including gardens, or for informal childcare, work/trades etc.

It is not great. I personally disagree with some of the logic, i.e how is it safer for me to see a friend in a pub than at his or mine.

Time will tell. It is pretty clear the restrictions target an age group and lifestyle, but it does broadbrush affect everyone at the same time.

I can see it gradually getting back to the restrictions we had in april/may.

I'm supposed to be in Malaga on Friday and that's off. I had two flights changed so BA let me cancel and refund. I want to go to South Wales for the weekend now and that looks screwed too.

And as for the pubs thing... Table service in some of the watering holes I drink in? It won't catch on!

Political suicide more like.

Even I could see (without hindsight) how short sighted and (in both the long and short term) counter productive a strategy that is, they MUST have been able to forecast how flawed their ideas were.
As many on here say regularly about referees, "When incompetence seems too high, the chances are that it is deliberate and serves another purpose", my head says we're being lied to :):
No doubt we are being lied to , testing numbers for one but that is for the politics thread

Not really, if my daughter comes to our house she's moving around sitting on furniture using the bathroom if we meet her at a restaurant she's sat at one table in one seat that has been cleaned and sanitised. Using their cutlery and crockery. Makes sense to me. As for the 10.00 curfew,I don't know enough to comment but apparently there's evidence it has an effect.

If she, or you have covid, you will most likely pass it on to each other either way. At home, you will pass it on only to each other. In a pub, probably to other people as well. If neither of you have it, you won't catch it at home. In a pub, you may, from someone that does.

Yep, lowest death rates from Covid since March. Currently around 1% of all deaths are from Covid
In total the number of excess deaths in England and Wales in 2020 to the week ending 11 September now stands at 53,376 more than the five-year average. 52,482 mentioned COVID-19 on the death certificate, 12.1% of all deaths in England and Wales

I'm supposed to be in Malaga on Friday and that's off. I had two flights changed so BA let me cancel and refund. I want to go to South Wales for the weekend now and that looks screwed too.

And as for the pubs thing... Table service in some of the watering holes I drink in? It won't catch on!

I think table service is the one good thing to come out of this, can't stand queuing at the bar. Can't see it working on Mary ds on a matchday though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.