It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prices don't seem to come down for us do they. Yet Liverpool got CL winner Thiago for under £30m and Spurs get Bale on a free.

To be fair though, look what Dortmund wanted from rag for Sancho, and how much Chelsea paid for Havertz, so I guess some clubs (including us) are seen as fair game to be screwed over.

What gets me is the fucking scousers get stars relatively cheap, or without ludicrously high fees, yet sell shite like Ibe and Solanki for about ten times their worth.

Not true. Thiago had a year left on his contract, is 29 years old and injury prone, not exactly the bargain fee the media suggests. Also they gave him a 4 year deal meaning he’ll be 33 when it’s ending. Thiago will also be one of the best paid players in the squad. He didn’t leave Bayern for peanuts.

Bale, Spurs are paying a loan fee of around £9m plus about a third of wages, amounts vary based on sources. Risky move, Bale is already injured. If he stays fit it might pay off if not, it will be another expensive failure.

Not true. Thiago had a year left on his contract, is 29 years old and injury prone, not exactly the bargain fee the media suggests. Also they gave him a 4 year deal meaning he’ll be 33 when it’s ending. Thiago will also be one of the best paid players in the squad. He didn’t leave Bayern for peanuts.

Bale, Spurs are paying a loan fee of around £9m plus about a third of wages, amounts vary based on sources. Risky move, Bale is already injured. If he stays fit it might pay off if not, it will be another expensive failure.

Very true,I heard Spurs were paying half his wages,300k a week,but I ain't arguing over 100k,but as you say a huge risk in more ways than one.

Surprised the prices have not dropped further. Apparently a lot of these clubs need cash due to covid uncertainty. Could we chance not buying anyone until January and maybe the reality will have set in with these clubs? We are being quoted Maguire money post covid. It does not make any sense unless the decrease in revenue is exaggerated?

What's going on is that City are quietly getting business done with no fanfare, that leaves a huge vacuum for the media to fill with no facts whatsoever.

At least that's what I'm continuing to believe, although they are pushing it a bit :(
In my humble opinion we will see more action after tonights Super Cup.I agree with you and it wouldn`t surprise me if a deal had already been negotiated with Sevilla and they`ve asked to to say nothing for now.
City as you point out do NOT go shouting from the rooftops.

Echo the above sentiments. To me it seems incredible that napoli and sevilla would be turning down upwards of €65m for these players

if you owned a car in demand and you wanted £75k for it, would you take £60k? Don't forget we are talking thousands here not the millions City are trying to negotiate.

he seems to of got his injury problems behind him.

85 starts in last 2 years

only 120 odd in the 7 years previous to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.