Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Duncan twat Castles tweeted about Mancity being interested in Dias on 24/09/2019.

Interest was there for sometime and probably he was the first choice before other choices came up
The club seems to keep shtum to the extent that hardly any info gets in the public domain. It may all have been paper talk but I can’t think why we couldn’t have done this deal earlier if he was first choice.

Ruben Dias turns this transfer window from a 4/10 to a 2/10. Overpriced, what is he like 10m less than our other targets? Significantly worse, reeks of a panic buy. Just the worst decision we could have made and we've gone and made it.

I'm sure Dias is decent, and an improvement on what we had, but I'm I can't BS I'm really disappointed not to get Kouliba
ly/Kounde. Both of them were guaranteed quality imo whilst Dias could go either way. Surprised at how down it has made me lol. Gonna go distract myself for a bit

Let's see some positives then shall we? Even if this isn't the best possible solution on paper.

1. Leadership qualities, has captained Benfica and seen as a responsible, well behaved lad.
2. He is 186m, 6ft 2 (correct if wrong pls not sure), wins his aerial duels well. He is a great passer of the ball, not the quickest, but definitely not slow at all. Last year, several sources cited him as the best young centre back in Europe after De Ligt (closest stat comparison, passing %, duels, goals/assists, concentration etc.).
3. He most importantly, has European experience, and has been a regular for Portugal NT where he's largely done well.

He's not coming off his strongest season, but Benfica fans know he is their best player alongside Grimaldo (who we also should have been aiming for, re; left back issue). I think this is a good deal for City, he has more experience than Koundé, and offers a different profile to him, if not Koulibaly, this is an alright solution. We have Bernardo, Cancelo and other Portuguese speakers in the squad so he will settle well and adapt rather easily.

I wouldn't be over the moon with this, but I think it will work out well for what it's worth.

I've attached some screenshots of a statistical comparison.

Attachments

• 20200925_214751.jpg
    20200925_214751.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200925_214753.jpg
    20200925_214753.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200925_214808.jpg
    20200925_214808.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20200925-215046.png
    Screenshot_20200925-215046.png
    656.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.