Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Savic. Scott sinclair. Javi Garcia. Jack Rodwell. Natas

They we’re an unintended consequence of what went before. That said, Navas is still winning trophies and is Rodders materially better than Javi Garcia, particularly given he cost 3x the amount?
As for Sinclair I will raise you Patrick Roberts

It's not all about winning and we cannot win them all. Our title winning teams are slowly being replaced by new players being signed and young players coming through. Several key players out today and a few howlers from established players against a great counter attacking team. A defeat like that isn't easy to take or accept. If Guardiola throws the towel in now I will be shocked. Just because a great manager is perceived by some as failing it doesn't make him a failure, especially a manager of the statue of Pep. We are in transition rebuilding for the future and I see results like this as one step backwards and two steps (eventually) forwards. Great managers come through a transitional period with further success like Ferguson did at the United. Time will tell whether Guardiola has the guts and desire to evolve this squad to past glories. I'm hoping he will. He already has my thanks and respect for what he has thus far achieved, and any blue worth his salt will think the same.
He should have made the decision at the end of last season, is he going to be our manager for the next 2/3 years or won't be commit.

If the answer is the latter, then you have to seriously consider if he can continue, the club is bigger than the manager including Pep.

Personally I think he lost a few senior players during the Lyon game, I may be very wrong, but that is my gut feeling.

And after watching Pep in interviews the last 2 weeks, I think he is done with us and football for some time.

Good question tbh and I'm not sure. It was probably an easy decision to move to the biggest club in Germany when your not starting for City. Would he have felt differently if he was starting? Something tells me no, he'd still have left.

Agree... he stalled on contract renewal during or at the end of 17/18.

look at how many pens get dished out these days compared to say 5, 10 years ago.
Its shit and players are playing for them cos they know they'll get them.
The slightest touch now results in a player taking off the floor by both feet.
Piss poor and embarrassing
I’m not disagreeing with you, but in this age they all looked pens regardless of how theatrical they went down. Garcia’s was the worst but all three weren’t great at all from a defending perspective.

It's not all about winning and we cannot win them all. Our title winning teams are slowly being replaced by new players being signed and young players coming through. Several key players out today and a few howlers from established players against a great counter attacking team. A defeat like that isn't easy to take or accept. If Guardiola throws the towel in now I will be shocked. Just because a great manager is perceived by some as failing it doesn't make him a failure, especially a manager of the statue of Pep. We are in transition rebuilding for the future and I see results like this as one step backwards and two steps (eventually) forwards. Great managers come through a transitional period with further success like Ferguson did at the United. Time will tell whether Guardiola has the guts and desire to evolve this squad to past glories. I'm hoping he will. He already has my thanks and respect for what he has thus far achieved, and any blue worth his salt will think the same.
100% agree, well said - I would love him to say "it's going to take me two more years to complete this rebuild and I am committed to doing it." I do think he needs to return to his more ruthless traits though especially with certain players looking as though they are going through he motions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.