Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Oh we deserved to lose all right no point in arguing against that. I just think that all 3 were soft and borderline. The walker one was most nailed on of the three but even that had an element of doubt as the contact was very light and the dive could have been enough to overturn it. The other two you could quite easily change the agenda and make it as though the Leicester player kicked or caused the contact which is what they did for the Utd one and the general public / neutral would have probably seen reason with them being overturned. All how you present them. And how they are reviewed.
I thought all were very soft. We made individual mistakes but our defenders keep doing this. That will be what someone like Neville would say and he'd be right.

How can it be “over reactionary” when the same problems have been repeating themselves for over a year?

It’s not just one off games, it happened throughout last season. Many top managers have lost their jobs for less than that, I think we’ve been pretty patient with Pep, and we’ve still got some patience left. But it’s not wrong for us to ask questions
Cos we conceded 3 pens and saw one go into the top corner and were without both central strikers and players like Bernardo Silva.

We were off last season but we weren't terrible.

We were “sitting deep?” We conceded those goals on counterattacks. Sitting deep is when you consciously cede possession and maintain your defensive shape. That is literally the opposite of what happened.
We had plenty of men behind the ball for all of those goals was my point, all our defence were in our own half for the buildup to all their goals/penalties(unless I'm forgetting any). As for leaving no space behind to run into, that would mean we abandon our pressing game pretty much and pile defenders into the box and it becomes defence vs attack... Do you really see that working with that defence today? Did you miss Maddison's goal? If you think they panicked from being on the wrong side a couple of times(their mistake), watch them when they take sustained pressure being pulled left to right all game. They can easily make mistakes when that happens too.

Last edited:
We had plenty of men behind the ball for all of those goals. As for leaving no space behind to run into, that would mean we abandon our pressing game pretty much and pile defenders into the box and it becomes defence vs attack... Do you really see that working with that defence today? Did you miss Maddison's goal?

We had abandoned our pressing game anyway, as far as I could tell. Zero pressure on the ball was a bigger problem than our defensive line in the first place

We had plenty of men behind the ball for all of those goals was my point. As for leaving no space behind to run into, that would mean we abandon our pressing game pretty much and pile defenders into the box and it becomes defence vs attack... Do you really see that working with that defence today? Did you miss Maddison's goal?
Not as much as you seem to be missing the point

He will sort it out. We will though miss Jesus and Aguero for a few games and have to find a way to win games until they return. Maybe play Sterling wide and Foden central and drop Mendy and Fernandinho.
Certainly be a good start.

Arsed. We’re back at the Pellers stage again. 2 great seasons and 2 very average about to become 3 whilst under the best working conditions modern managers could hope for.

This is is where he proves if the genius tag is true or not. Rather than when having the best player ever and the best team by a mile in the Premier league and German league for years.

How can it be “over reactionary” when the same problems have been repeating themselves for over a year?

It’s not just one off games, it happened throughout last season. Many top managers have lost their jobs for less than that, I think we’ve been pretty patient with Pep, and we’ve still got some patience left. But it’s not wrong for us to ask questions
He’s the best at what he does. Ask whatever questions you want but the club will be worse off when he goes.
Sure, we will still be there or thereabouts when it comes to challenging for trophies, but we will never hit the heights we have done with Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.