Recruitment issues

In my opinion we’ve spent a huge amount of money on average to good players not a patch on the likes of Silva, Toure, Aguero etc. We seem to have an aversion to going all in for top drawer signings now. IMO We would be better buying one £100 million player than 2 £50 million players, we get ripped off for players anyway, so we’d probably get better value spending big and have a better first team. The quality of the first team has certainly diminished.
Agreed. Need killer player now Aguero style.

I think the problem we have had recently is we arent finding those gems like we used to. Spending 50m on a left back for example doesn’t guarantee a great player.

Zaba and Vincent barely cost anything and turned out to be world class.since the Spanish guys have come in we are reliant on big money signings.

Robertson for Liverpool is the perfect example of someone we’d never have gone for.

better scouting and buying one or two world class players is what we need

exactly right, if we are on such atight budget why waste £50m on a back up right back when Walker is pretty much always fit.
See also £60m for Mahrez when we didn’t need another winger.

We don't need another thread for this but I'll go anyway.

People seem to think you can just pluck world class players. Why would a player want to leave Real or Bayern to come to us?

On paper we have put together a strong squad, Txiki has gone and got pretty much everything that Pep wants. The team has issues but so does every team in the world.

Pep also has to get the best out of what he has, he is failing to do that. Pep is shoehorning players into the team rather than putting together the best team he can on the pitch.

As for Sancho. Lol.

However we're neither getting the top, expensive players nor are we scouting the hidden gems.

As such we're getting very mediocre players or the wrong type of players, i.e. Rodri.

Ake excluded as he looks good so far.

In my opinion we’ve spent a huge amount of money on average to good players not a patch on the likes of Silva, Toure, Aguero etc. We seem to have an aversion to going all in for top drawer signings now. IMO We would be better buying one £100 million player than 2 £50 million players, we get ripped off for players anyway, so we’d probably get better value spending big and have a better first team. The quality of the first team has certainly diminished.
this has been the case since Mancini wanted Hazard for 40 to 50 million,we were restricted through ffp and could only spend 50 million
he wanted to come but didn't cos we wouldn't pay it,instead ,we bought 4 shit players for 50 million
garcia,fernando ,rodwell,and sinclair

same every season ,worst one ,the BIG one,not paying 75 million for van Dyke and letting liverpool get him,this was after Celtic recommended him to us before he went to southampton

The squad is in a little bit of a mess tbh. Mendy and Zinchenko neither good enough for LB, Gundogan, Rodri and Fern, are any of them good enough to play number 6, without someone holding their hand? I don't believe our option's on the wing are great either, Sane on the Left and Sterling on the Right of 2 or 3 seasons ago is far superior to what we have now.

this has been the case since Mancini wanted Hazard for 40 to 50 million,we were restricted through ffp and could only spend 50 million
he wanted to come but didn't cos we wouldn't pay it,instead ,we bought 4 shit players for 50 million
garcia,fernando ,rodwell,and sinclair

same every season ,worst one ,the BIG one,not paying 75 million for van Dyke and letting liverpool get him,this was after Celtic recommended him to us before he went to southampton

Van Persie as well. Proven top quality.

We’d have at least 2 more league titles if we’d signed him and Hazard.

Last edited:
You need pace at the spine of the side and we don't have it. Leaves us open to counter attack.

Why can't a club which spends £100s million every season address this?

I have said this multiple times I will say it again. Our defence scouting team needs a wobble.
Can't they find a half decent player who does not cost more than 50 million and is not an absolute dud.
What was the fucking point of Cancelo or Danilo
Mendy and Stones are just abysmal. So much for a ball playing CB.
Look at Arsenal - Tierney from Celtic. Even their new CB - Who was suppose to be a replacement of KK - Gabriel
Liverpool - Robertson from a relegated side
Even fucking Brighton has a better fullback than us
And yes our style of play do leave us open a lot of times but that doesn't exonerate our players to get the basics right
Just seems pretty lazy our recruitment defensively ,All very obvious flavour of the month expensive defenders .
Cancello,stones ,Mendy , Ake( may turn out to be decent but hardly a shrewd signing ) Now Dias .

Angelino puzzles me , he looks great where ever we loan him , but peps doesn’t believe in him .
Must be better than anyone we’ve got at the moment .
Yan couto and Sandler may turn in to decent signings but who knows .
Unless they cost 40 mill or upwards we don’t seem to be interested , throwing money at it doesn’t seem to have solved our defensive issues as yet though .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.