Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Thanks for getting it. Pep plays such a high line, only a few players could manage to fit in. I would go as far as to suggest Van Dyke would struggle to be successful in Peps system
he definitely would, as did Kompany. Can't wait for all the Dias is shite comments when he plays too.

I said before not good for team morale to play someone who wants to leave.. I don’t get it

Who was supposed to play there today? No Cancelo to cover for Walker playing there, Stones injured, LaPorte just fit enough to make the bench and hopefully not need to be used and no cover in midfield to allow Fern to play there.
I'm sure as soon as Dias signs Garcia will be gone.

Touched the ball five times today, each time taking the ball out of the net. unbelievable.
No he didn't, he had 20 touches in total, and 100% pass success, and the 5 picking the ball out of the net don't count as touches, nothing he could do about any of the goals, he also made one good save from a shot on target. Schmeichel didn't have to make a save of note.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but in this age they all looked pens regardless of how theatrical they went down. Garcia’s was the worst but all three weren’t great at all from a defending perspective.
Think i'm of the old skool
Ederson- couldn't do much about the goals really.
Walker- silly mistake for the pen but had to do something with Garcia out of position.
Garcia - showed for the average defender he really is and poor for 2 pen decisions and the Vardy goal.
Ake - did OK spent a lot of time covering Mendy because he couldn't get back.
MENDY - I genuinely think his career is finished, a shadow of the player we bought and plays the off field character too much to realise it.
Rodri - too slow and Lazy, doesn't even bother trying to recover when someone passes him.
Dinho- did OK but pointless if he can't last a full match.
Kev- tried hard but got suffocated on his own in the midfield.
Mahrez- again just played for Mahrez, too selfish for us, his half hated attempt at a tackle led to the first pen, doesn't care enough for the team.
Foden- had little effect today, would have preferred him in a more central role alongside Kev when Dinho went off.
RAZ - A Complete passenger centrally, didn't have much influence last week either other than the assist for Foden, needs to step up.
DELAP - Looks promising but didn't get the service he deserved.
TORRES - DON'T THINK WE WILL SEE HIM DO ANYTHING UNTIL 2021
Absolutely spot on fella

Not sure where to put this but...

Do the BM faithful feel it’s time to have a Project In-house Development?

There are a plethora of players that are old, coming to the end of their time at City or don’t fit the team for whatever reason.

Do you feel City should use this period to pick the most talented lads (LB, DM, RB) and specifically develop the lads as a project?

Delap looks like a striker that may turn out to have world class potential. If City can’t really challenge for the top cups but still remain close, should they use this time going forward to start such a project?

The club has world class facilities, top scouts, and research team. I feel they should be able to find or have found lads that have a glimpse of what’s missing from the team.

Just a thought.

Mahrez plays for Mahrez. I watched an interview with him on sky and the presenter congratulated him on last season, his goals and assists. He replied that if he'd played more he would have done even better, but said he understood we have a quality squad. He's revered as a God in his country and will always put himself first, that's why while he stays here he will always be an off the bench player rather than a regular starter.

My biggest concern about today's performance is that it was an extension of the second half against wolves but also Arsenal and lyon. Were so predictable and I fear the dippers will have disappeared over our horizon by Xmas. So I think we are going to be in transition for this season and maybe next. At the end of this season we could have a fight to keep de bryune

The team is jaded and without that extra bit from the supporters (no sign of any of us lot returning anytime soon) then it will be a struggle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.