Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 3030
You see, it’s the constant denial that anything goes in your team’s favour that pisses people off.
Yes the stills look to be proof and I have watched clips back again and have to agree hits the arm.
I think an example of the new rule and this shirt sleeve thing.
Maybe they should all revert to shirts like the Cameroonians wore at the World Cup a few years ago. Upper or lower arm or shoulder all "handball"

The only good thing about this PED stuff is that at least everyone's moved on from VAR, which has been helping us be a good team for three seasons.

Brilliant team,they have recruited superbly (and spent plenty despite the denials) and have the lot in terms of quality,industry and balance - no one will touch them this season,and maybe for the next couple.

Just a shame that everything about the club is cvntish.

Which is it? People were taking the piss out of us for having penny pinching owners but are also taking the piss saying we spend "plenty". It can't be both.

I don't think our owners are penny pinchers, but I think they are very conservative and methodical (conservative != "cheap"). And of course we've spent, it's just that we can't compete the top of the market with you lot, the secondary team in Manchester, and Chelsea. Even over at Arsenal, Willian makes more per week than every single Liverpool player.

But what it always comes down to that mystifies me is....there can be more than one good team! You lot seem to take it as a personal offense, like it's a zero-sum situation where if one team is good it's a slight on Guardiola or your players.

Yes the stills look to be proof and I have watched clips back again and have to agree hits the arm.
Maybe they should all revert to shirts like the Cameroonians wore at the World Cup a few years ago. Upper or lower arm or shoulder all "handball"
The wonderful dipper humour strikes again,let's see how funny you find it in the unlikely event of it happening against the Dippers...when it really matters that is....

Which is it? People were taking the piss out of us for having penny pinching owners but are also taking the piss saying we spend "plenty". It can't be both.

I don't think our owners are penny pinchers, but I think they are very conservative and methodical (conservative != "cheap"). And of course we've spent, it's just that we can't compete the top of the market with you lot, the secondary team in Manchester, and Chelsea. Even over at Arsenal, Willian makes more per week than every single Liverpool player.

But what it always comes down to that mystifies me is....there can be more than one good team! You lot seem to take it as a personal offense, like it's a zero-sum situation where if one team is good it's a slight on Guardiola or your players.
It isnt both,you have spent a fortune but like to pretend otherwise.

We admit you are a good team,great in fact.But,we don't like you (along with 90% of other clubs)because you're club is fucking horrible,its rotten to the core.

What new rule?

It hits the top of his forearm or the cuff of his shirt sleeve. It's nowhere near his shoulder. He controls it, it lands, he scores.

It's nothing to do with new rules... it's because the perpetrator is wearing a Liverpool shirt

What new rule?

It hits the top of his forearm or the cuff of his shirt sleeve. It's nowhere near his shoulder. He controls it, it lands, he scores.
Below is one of the articles I read after looking for videos and stills of the goal.
I am not seeking to justify the goal or make fun or wind up as others have suggested.
Its a bollocks rule and as Hodgson and many other managers have said the whole handball thing has become a farce. What is and what isnt.

In the words of the Premier League: "The boundary between the shoulder and the arm is now defined by 'the bottom of the armpit'.

"To penalise a player for handball the match officials must have clear evidence that the ball has struck the player's arm below the bottom of the armpit and in the red zone indicated below."

p1ejc8teskubk194458t17lp1lja9.jpg

It's obviously subjective as to whether we think Craig Pawson had the 'clear evidence' he needed to punish Jota, but it's further proof that the handball rule is causing chaos in the Premier League.

Above isn't necessarily my view, just one of the things i read around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.