It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 6 weeks between our squad getting 98 points and starting the season they got 81 points.

So don't talk to me about 2 seasons. They lose a key player and they'll be in serious trouble.

Not wanting to fall out with a fellow blue.

I agree. Have been waiting 2 seasons for them to get an injury to key players and then see how they cope.

Foden can match the running Bernardo does. He is quicker so covers more ground. Bernardo works his arse off and I am a huge fan of his but if you watch Foden he works just as hard and is quicker. Against Wolves, Foden was pressing their defence and then, whilst Walker was on his arse in the no 10 area, chased back to force Wolves' to check when there was room to run into. I'm not saying Bernardo wouldn't do that, just pointing out how pace over the ground (balanced with positional discipline) helps and why I see neither as suitable in a deeper midfield role at this moment in time.

Agree re Foden’s athletic attributes but Bernardo is less likely to go missing. No offence to Foden but he’s young still learning and a degree of Inconsistency is inevitable.

It's not even our press which is the fundamental problem, even if the intensity of it isn't what is once was.

The problem is now the press from the other teams.

They have stopped doing it to us, allowing our backline to retain the ball and not create a spare man.

Rodgers admitted as much. Save their energy for the breakdown and hit hard and fast.

Stands to reason, our defence have been allowed to come out fifty yards from goal.

The fundamental reason also why Ederson is never in the game now, apart from picking the ball out of the net.

Our system won't change, but that's the nub of it.

Same with any decent big-hitting boxer, just be wary of their best shot and stay in the fight.
So our best bet is to stop fucking about in front of goal & score otherwise the counter will carry on & sting us like a bad wasp

We miss far to many chances when dominating only to get punished

When that happens our heads drop & the players just get deflated after basically taking the piss

We need to either find a new Aguero or change how we play

They finished 18 points ahead of us and have started this season really well.

They look far and away a better squad than us.

Not admitting that is just blue tinted specs.

If you were to comprise a composite eleven from the two teams, on present form I’d say more of their players would feature than ours.

I think we have the more exciting squad though.

Not wanting to fall out with a fellow blue.

I agree. Have been waiting 2 seasons for them to get an injury to key players and then see how they cope.

Sorry I didn't mean my comment aggressively I just think people forget how quickly we went from unbeatable to flaky, and leaving Liverpool out of it entirely, we can go back the other way just as quick.

Some random source on Twitter claiming we’ve opened talks with Ajax. I guess anyone could make that up.

Any legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.