It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think he can.

So again recruited a very good player but it just did not work out. Does that mean we can’t buy again? No

Does it mean that we should listen to the media when they mention his price tag but not his injuries?

How can Txiki and pep be blamed for injuries? Look at sane he is injured again. Does that mean Bayern were wrong to buy him and their recruitment is shit?

I prefer to look at the ones we have got right and that includes the defenders. All I need to know is that we have recruited defenders reasonably well. I can judge this on the trophies we have won with them and their performance over that period.

Last edited:
Very true. Let’s hope he can turn it around.

I still think Mendy’s got it. The problem is he’ll probably never fully commit to any situation again because he knows that if he messes up his knee a third time, his career could be over.

I doubt we will ever see that free flowing fullback that we bought. I don’t think it’s about his fitness, because it seems he did nothing other than working out like a maniac in the gym for month. I think it’s a mental issue that will never really go away.

2 seasons ago and we're playing like a shadow of that team.
But they are putting their first 11 out every game,again, we won’t see our first 11 until after the next break. Either way that’s a first 11 not a squad. We’ll see their squad strength in they ever get a run of injuries or covid absences.

This was in one of the replies from Hirst. So looking at signing one regardless?

I wonder if Zinchenko could be part of our solution in defensive midfield? He plays there at international level and he has to be quicker and more agile than some of our other options. I’d certainly give him a go.

I still think Mendy’s got it. The problem is he’ll probably never fully commit to any situation again because he knows that if he messes up his knee a third time, his career could be over.

I doubt we will ever see that free flowing fullback that we bought. I don’t think it’s about his fitness, because it seems he did nothing other than working out like a maniac in the gym for month. I think it’s a mental issue that will never really go away.

and not having a footballing brain.

guys whole career was on pace and power and bombing forward. He’s lost that. He wouldn’t even get in at most championship clubs

But they are putting their first 11 out every game,again, we won’t see our first 11 until after the next break. Either way that’s a first 11 not a squad. We’ll see their squad strength in they ever get a run of injuries or covid absences.

Have been hoping that for 2 seasons.

Incredible that their squad hasn't had injuries to key players whereas ours have been plagued by them.

I did read that we changed our physios this summer so hopefully that changes things.

I wonder if Zinchenko could be part of our solution in defensive midfield? He plays there at international level and he has to be quicker and more agile than some of our other options. I’d certainly give him a go.

He could always ask his wife if he can play dm as she is the master tactician:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.