Welcome Ruben Dias!

It's not the rival fan that bothers me its the opinions that neutrals and even some City fans get from the non stop shite. As for in the pitch people are continuously told our 100 points, back to back titles and the treble are nothing compared with a bunch of kick and rush merchants and many fall for it

Yeah, I see your point with regards to some of our own supporters but those types who always hark back to simpler times are the least worth paying attention to. Shit, I'll probably be one of them in thirty years or so and I'm hardly worth listening to now.

"When you play centre-back for a team like Benfica, you have to be aggressive,” said Rui Vitoria, the former Benfica manager who brought Dias into the first team. “You have to have a bit of assassin in you, make your presence felt. A centre-back who doesn’t go through his man every now and then isn’t a real centre-back. Ruben brings that dose of competitiveness. He oversteps the limits every now and then, but that’s part of the job.”

I love this. I think we've become a bit too nice to play against recently. Teams know we're going to give them a game of football and with most play them off the pitch but it feels like they know that if it's a battle they'll have the upper hand. When we had players like Hart, zabba, Vinny, De Jong etc there was no bullying us. We need to get that back.

It's been really notable how quiet City are compared to some other teams we've played due to the no fans thing. Schmeichel was barking orders like a mad man for Leicester. City really don't seem to have any naturals at doing that at all at the moment. Dias is quite clearly that kind of person. We need it. Walker is vocal, but not a natural leader. Garcia and Ake don't strike me as Vinny's, more of a calm approach to the game. Same for Ferna and Rodri tbh. They're not aggressive gobshites, and you do need a bit of that. There is basically no one like that at the moment in our team.

Dias genuinely actually is. Perhaps it's a bigger need than we realise? Bernardo's form didn't notably drop for Portugal according to reports (someone correct me on that if you want) and I wonder if there's a correlation? I can't stand Ronaldo, but he's an absolute born winner. Dias has a big mentality too. I wonder if being around these kind of players gets Bernardo going? Playing alongside Kompany in the title run in and the big Liverpool game defo got him motivated, put it that way. He clearly has a bit of an edge, but I reckon it needs to be brought out by others around him. Can Dias bring a bit of that to us? We've lost that since Vinnie, and don't laugh, even Delph to be honest.

We need someone willing to go 'we were fucking shit, buck up your ideas' in the dressing room. Not do what Rodri did the other day and go 'wah Leicester defended' and moan about it. It could even help Pep to have someone with that spark there. Pep clearly is in a bit of a personal slump. A born winner/vocal presence could motivate him too? Now I know all that seems a big ask, but don't underestimate just how much of an effect having a proper captain type can have on a team in big games and in terms of focus. IF, and it's a big *if*, this goes well it could turn out to be a hugely important signing. We've signed captain material for once, not a steady composed player. Fingers crossed hey...

all this rubbish about him being the new kompany is bollocks ? look give the lad a break does not need this sort of pressure, the lad is not the new kompany or anybody else ? plus the song mrs robinson does to work for his name hahaha

It's been really notable how quiet City are compared to some other teams we've played due to the no fans thing. Schmeichel was barking orders like a mad man for Leicester. City really don't seem to have any naturals at doing that at all at the moment. Dias is quite clearly that kind of person. We need it. Walker is vocal, but not a natural leader. Garcia and Ake don't strike me as Vinny's, more of a calm approach to the game. Same for Ferna and Rodri tbh. They're not aggressive gobshites, and you do need a bit of that. There is basically no one like that at the moment in our team.

Dias genuinely actually is. Perhaps it's a bigger need than we realise? Bernardo's form didn't notably drop for Portugal according to reports (someone correct me on that if you want) and I wonder if there's a correlation? I can't stand Ronaldo, but he's an absolute born winner. Dias has a big mentality too. I wonder if being around these kind of players gets Bernardo going? Playing alongside Kompany in the title run in and the big Liverpool game defo got him motivated, put it that way. He clearly has a bit of an edge, but I reckon it needs to be brought out by others around him. Can Dias bring a bit of that to us? We've lost that since Vinnie, and don't laugh, even Delph to be honest.

We need someone willing to go 'we were fucking shit, buck up your ideas' in the dressing room. Not do what Rodri did the other day and go 'wah Leicester defended' and moan about it. It could even help Pep to have someone with that spark there. Pep clearly is in a bit of a personal slump. A born winner/vocal presence could motivate him too? Now I know all that seems a big ask, but don't underestimate just how much of an effect having a proper captain type can have on a team in big games and in terms of focus. IF, and it's a big *if*, this goes well it could turn out to be a hugely important signing. We've signed captain material for once, not a steady composed player. Fingers crossed hey...

Agree but won’t it be difficult for a young new player coming in shouting orders to established players thought that would take time.

Agree but won’t it be difficult for a young new player coming in shouting orders to established players thought that would take time.

Nah, leaders are leaders tbh. Just who they are innit ha.

ps- you could be right of course, but we'll see!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.