Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

I get the feeling this is going to be a season of transition, we’ve had plenty of good times recently so this will be different. winning every week gets boring, this is something to get our teeth into. As for the league if we don’t win it I don’t give a fuck who wins it, the two red **** teams have suckered in the other cunts, fuck the lot of them.

CITY!

The only decent thing to take from that was the CB partnership, other than that KDB was the only player who had a decent game. We aren't coming close to winning the league, top 4 may not be easy either. Honestly can't believe the number of 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5 defensive situations we had to deal with. And going forward we were embarrassing the amount of good positions we got into, only to fuck about, pick the wrong option or blast high and wide. Criminal to have so few efforts on target. WTF, do Mendy and Mahrez offer, apart from consistently poor performance's. Sick of them both tbh.

I get the feeling this is going to be a season of transition, we’ve had plenty of good times recently so this will be different. winning every week gets boring, this is something to get our teeth into. As for the league if we don’t win it I don’t give a fuck who wins it, the two red **** teams have suckered in the other cunts, fuck the lot of them.

CITY!

Surely it can only be a season of transition if you have made the necessary changes and are trying to develop a team. This time next year we will still need the same deficiencies fixing? Two years in my opinion. You can half that by buying off the top tier, but we have always been reluctant to do that since Mancini

Liverpool being one trick ponies is helping them at the end of the day.. the shithouse of a manager can’t handle fighting on more than one front so they threw the cups in favour of the league yet they are lauded to high heaven by everybody... it pisses me right off
Fuck em mate, just enjoy the football ;)

Bielsa said yesterday that Pep Guardiola ruined football, because he's so good and he had so much success that teams resorted to horrendous football in order to counter people adopting Pep's tacitcs.

I'm not sure if that's 100% true or just Bielsa going over the top in complimenting his friend, but I'm really starting to think Pep has ruined the Manchester City fan base.

I know that the Match thread and twitter are not necessarily 100% accurate portrayals of the fanbase but I seriously don't think many people on here actually enjoy football anymore. The levels of anger and angst that starts when the team sheet is announced and doesn't disappear unless we are 4-0 up is just unbearable.

Both our strikers are injured! Someone's going to have to play out of position. I've not been Mahrez's biggest fan over the 3 years he's been here but fucking hell guys he's not shit, he doesn't need to "Go back to North Africa" FFS because he didn't hold the ball up. He put a massive shift in, was the first one legging it back to defend just before he came off. The players pressed like lunatics in the first 30 minutes and maybe we're not fit enough to do that for the whole game yet because we had no preseason, but it showed the players are committed to Pep's football 100%.

We had it exceptionally easy for a couple of seasons, 198 points has never been done before, and won't be done again, but even in that centurions season we dropped points in 1/6 games. We had long spells where we weren't winning games. I don't remember there being so much animosity towards the players and Pep, I don't remember this sense of entitlement to an easy win and anything else is a travesty requiring players lined up against the wall or Pep getting replaced.

Leeds were really good. We saw that when the (apparently on a compeltely different plane to us) Liverpool side conceded 3 and could have conceded many more. BIelsa is an exceptional coach, Leeds will finish in the top 10 and take a few more scalps. They will take away all structure from the game and make it end to end madness against a lot of teams.

Unfortunately, in an absolute downpour, Ederson, who was excellent mostly, made 3 or 4 great saves and was the 2nd best keeper in the league at claiming crosses and corners last season made a mistake. They scored, we dropped a couple of points, it happens. Sterling should have ended the game, that's annoying but he is what he is, he helps us out a lot more than he hurts us.

Pep isn't upset post match, he's laughing and smiling. He wants the title more than anyone posting on here, he works harder for Manchester City than anyone, and he knows with 6 players out, against a really good side, no preseason, in an insane condensed season, sometimes you're going to drop a couple of points.

I'm not sure how to make this a more succinct point, but I just think quite a lot of our fans just need to fucking relax and stop living with this mindset where we have to win every single game we play while looking world class from 1-11 and having put the game to bed inside half an hour.

I'm sure the usual brigade will turn up and tell me to fuck off for being a happy clapper, but christ, in 2020, with a pandemic keeping us cooped up, if you're frothing at the mouth with anger from the line up being released on twitter to the full time whistle then I'm not sure what the point is.
I accept everything you say. We are in a very difficult period. I don't accuse anyone - manager or players - of not trying their best to win games. However this club should not be in a position where we don't have a proven striker to call on - especially as Aguero was injured in the Burnley game in June. 198 points is/was amazing but this squad is light years away in terms of talent, form and mental toughness from the ones of 2017/18 and 2018/19. This is why making the top 4 this season will be a significant achievement.

We've lost our aura and our entire team shape.

We have seemingly also lost our ability to have someone come short for a fucking throw.

For the days when Dave would always show for it.

Even when Mendy tries, he comes up way short.

Great saves from Eddie, even with the error.
I completely agree on the first point, our shape has gone and lack of balance has made us predictable. We rarely try to get in behind a defensive line and cut inside every time.

When we had Raz on the right and Leroy on the left we got in behind and had the option of the cutback or ball in behind.

Btw I honestly believe Messi will sign a pre contract with City in January just to say fuck you to Barcelona for reneging on their promise to let him go. That will really fuck off our enemie.

CITY!

CITY!
Winning every week gets boring wtf, that’s what champions do, get fucking used to it ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.