Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

Both look absolutely knackered to me. Kev could do with picking up a mysterious injury that causes him to withdraw from the Belgium squad
You're probably right actually but our team aren't allowed to be tired apparently, not even in a game like that. One thing Leeds will always give in a big game like this, is running, our players were made to work tonight. I'm glad Laporte will get a rest too, that's the benefit of France not having a clue how good he is, I guess.

But they didn't cost millions and I can think of several others before we became the big money club. We are now judged by a different standard and my 'ridiculous claim' about Mahrez and Mendy has been echoed by the majority of fans tonight.
You clearly think this pair are worth every penny. I don't but I wouldn't call you ridiculous.
I never said that, though I thought Mendy played well in the first half, As he did against Burnley on Wednesday.

I know th the players I mentioned didn’t cost anywhere near as much as any of our current squad, but it was a different era, and in terms of what the club had to spend on transfers, proportionally, I bet there isn’t much difference.

11 goals for £3 million in 1997, in the case of Bradbury, is hardly a great return on investment, is it?

I think Phil is maybe expected to be available for a short corner or on a planned move from training! Something they have worked on for certain situations!
When things not going right, Kev can get really frustrated! I remember one mid week game in the Pellegrini era when he looked totally disheartened and seemed to almost give up
The players need to really stick together! The big players need to support the young players, but Phil maybe needs to step up mentally also, if he is missing planned moves
City actually practice corners in training?? Not very well.

I think Phil is maybe expected to be available for a short corner or on a planned move from training! Something they have worked on for certain situations!
When things not going right, Kev can get really frustrated! I remember one mid week game in the Pellegrini era when he looked totally disheartened and seemed to almost give up
The players need to really stick together! The big players need to support the young players, but Phil maybe needs to step up mentally also, if he is missing planned moves
The short corner wasn't on though, there's a Leeds player right infront of Kev. As I've said before, I think Kev was trying to tell the ref he was too close and the ref wasn't listening. I could be wrong but I can't see him singling Foden out like that.

I get the feeling this is going to be a season of transition.....
Transition from what? The last season we already fell off the cliff. This is more of continuation what's been happening for the last 15 months. Even with all injuries we still have an excellent squad, we used to turn teams into marmalade with Delph and ZInchenko playing LB's, we won a league with KdB injured, but it seems that fire in the belly has been extinguished. For me it all starts and ends with the manager. That pain in Kompany's eyes after occasional loss has been substituted by Raheem ( who I love very much) giving weak excuses with slightly amused expression on his face.
I know it's Bielsa and they even almost bummed LIverpool a couple of weeks ago, but this tonight hasn't been Leicester City or Wolves hitting us on the break, we were dominated by championship knock offs who dictated tempo for 60 minutes...I don't know, I just don't have good feeling about Pep, Mourinho turned sour and bitter after he peaked, Pep he's just become too nice. Fern said in a pre-match interview they had a 45 minutes chat after Leicester game, it obviously didn't work.

If we make a mistake - goal. We don't get away with mistakes. There is no shortage of effort, but it's time for Kevin's support acts to deliver some goalscoring brilliance. A few worldy passes to Kevin would be welcome. In truth, we're missing David's genius in retaining possession and sliding the ball through tiny gaps. We're also missing Sergio's genius in the box - the genius that unnerves opposing defences. I can see Bernardo getting back into the team and Ake remaining at left back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.