Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

Well that's all from me for the night, we move on to the next game. Arsenal wont be easy without a striker either. Any good news on Jesus or Aguero?

Maybe then. But leeds players got away with fouls no yellows. Im talking game changing moments. If you think mendy made fouls so did leeds players.. show me non pens or non corners that led to goals.. its not the same
Sorry, I was responding to your post that Mendy didn't make any other fouls. Which he did. The rest of your post is irrelevant

I don't think I've ever seen the team so stretched from front to back before under Pep, nobody can honestly say we looked solid, it was like watching schoolboy's at times our front 4 or so players making no effort to get back when Leeds are attacking our box. At times we hardly had a midfield.

Need more than an ageing Messi to sort our problems out.

It's also very desperate by the club in hoping a 33/34 year old Messi can bail out the club from the bad recruitment it has done.

Do we have any scouts or those analytical performance analysts as we don't seem to get the right players often enough?

When's the last time the club found a hidden gem?

I said ONE of the most, though nothing comes even close to "David Silva is not a Pep-type of player".
I never said that, though I thought Mendy played well in the first half, As he did against Burnley on Wednesday.

I know th the players I mentioned didn’t cost anywhere near as much as any of our current squad, but it was a different era, and in terms of what the club had to spend on transfers, proportionally, I bet there isn’t much difference.

11 goals for £3 million in 1997, in the case of Bradbury, is hardly a great return on investment, is it?
There's a huge amount of difference. Almost £500,000,000 spent by Pep on defenders who can't defend. Lee Bradbury looks like a steal and his 11 goals would be worth every penny right now. I remember when our 'marquee signings' were Paulo Wanchope and Jon Macken!!
I'm sorry but Mendy and Mahrez have been huge disappointments in Manchester City shirts.

If we make a mistake - goal. We don't get away with mistakes. There is no shortage of effort, but it's time for Kevin's support acts to deliver some goalscoring brilliance. A few worldy passes to Kevin would be welcome. In truth, we're missing David's genius in retaining possession and sliding the ball through tiny gaps. We're also missing Sergio's genius in the box - the genius that unnerves opposing defences. I can see Bernardo getting back into the team and Ake remaining at left back.

We did a few times tonight as somehow Leeds only scored one despite numerous fuck ups from Mendy and co

I don't think I've ever seen the team so stretched from front to back before under Pep, nobody can honestly say we looked solid, it was like watching schoolboy's at times our front 4 or so players making no effort to get back when Leeds are attacking our box. At times we hardly had a midfield.

We are usually camped in the opposition's half, which leaves us very compact and able to retain the ball and then hunt it down quickly when we lose it. Defence was deeper today which left a lot of space between our lines for Leeds to play in once our initial intensity dropped. Obviously this made the game stretched with bigger distances between our players, which made it harder to retain the ball and build our attacks and harder still to wn it back when lost. One of the few games where we have had less possession than the opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.