Betting shops

Betting on Premier League winners is minute compared to overall turnover. It will be a target for pro punters when it’s looking like two or three teams could win the trophy but it doesn't attract mega bucks.

Scudamore can say “we” but what’s the connection with betting? Sky and BT’s TV money dwarfs what the betting companies make from a Premier League book. When Leicester won the League it would have been a decent payday for the Bookmakers but probably less profit than if an outsider wins the likes of the Grand National or Derby
I am not going to quibble on your assumptions they are probably right, have you ever seen a bookie pass on a 10p bet?, and Gambling sponsorship is at a record high, the grand national is a week of gambling the EPL is a year

I am not going to quibble on your assumptions they are probably right, have you ever seen a bookie pass on a 10p bet?, and Gambling sponsorship is at a record high, the grand national is a week of gambling the EPL is a year
thee are plenty of bookies who will pass on a 10p bet, including such illustrious names as Ladbrokes ,bet10, bet365 and many more.

thee are plenty of bookies who will pass on a 10p bet, including such illustrious names as Ladbrokes ,bet10, bet365 and many more.

Did you forget your password for 6 months? :) even these will take your money, right down to your last penny they will just use different methods

I couldn't see a gambling thread so thought I'd just post here. Please move delete if inappropriate.

I was just checking citys odds for CL.

In Betfair City are 4.3 to win 4.4 lay. This works out at about 29.4% return for us not to win the CL.

For Madrid game we have implied odds of about 85% to qualify.

My probabilities of each subsequent game.

Juventus. We would be slight favourites so 55%
Bayern/ Barca 50% chance of qualifying
Final. If we beat those teams we would have to be about 55% chance os success. (But if Atletico 45%)

So chance of success IMO is 0.85x0.55x0.5x0.55= 12.8%

I think quite a lot of value there and could be nice way to soften the loss if we don't win it.

Did you forget your password for 6 months? :) even these will take your money, right down to your last penny they will just use different methods

You see , this where your understanding of betting goes wrong.
Labrokes etc, will not take my money, or many thousands of other punters money.
They restrict bets to amounts as small as 1p, or outright restrict to maximum bets of 0p
Ladbrokes themselves are a firm who restrict to 0p.
They like to prey on the people who like a bet as enjoyment, if you have any sort of savvy towards betting they will as good as ban you.
This is why punters target students and pay them to open betting accounts, atm the going rate for buying a set of unused betting accounts is approaching £1000 on the campuses

I couldn't see a gambling thread so thought I'd just post here. Please move delete if inappropriate.

I was just checking citys odds for CL.

In Betfair City are 4.3 to win 4.4 lay. This works out at about 29.4% return for us not to win the CL.

For Madrid game we have implied odds of about 85% to qualify.

My probabilities of each subsequent game.

Juventus. We would be slight favourites so 55%
Bayern/ Barca 50% chance of qualifying
Final. If we beat those teams we would have to be about 55% chance os success. (But if Atletico 45%)

So chance of success IMO is 0.85x0.55x0.5x0.55= 12.8%

I think quite a lot of value there and could be nice way to soften the loss if we don't win it.

where this bet falls downs is you are vastly overestimating the City price in each game.
I am replying to this post after tonights results so no after timing comments are allowed.

You have the first price spot on 0.85(easy to get because you refer to odds on the match)
Biggest glaring error is you forgot to factor in the chance of playing Lyon instead of Juve.( again after tonight's results)
Bayern Barca you are maybe right, but I think we would be 50% bayern and 65% Barco. so that would bring us to 58%
And if we meet Athletico in the final we would undoubtedly be at least 63%
so on my figs that is
0.85 tonight's match
0.75 Lyon
0.58 semi
0.63 win final

Now that works out to 3/1
which is just about the betfair price you quoted 4.35

the 3/10 difference would be the chance you didn't take in account for lyon beating juve.

It just shows how in multiplying multi scenarios how one tiny miscalculation can massively skew the end result.

As aside note the way you are thinking, years ago you would have won untold on betfair, and I am talking maybe 15 years ago, each tennis tournament you could lay Fed to win the tournament.
Every match bet him to win(to the potential loss) when he won the tournament you would win a little bit extra than you lost on the original loss, if he got beat you would finish level.

Sadly those days are long gone.

Last edited:
I’m having a Barcelona and Bayern Munich win in 90 minutes double tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.