COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

If there was no hope of a vaccine in sight, or ever, then the "let it rip" proposals would have to be considered more seriously, because as pretty much everyone agrees, we cannot stay in semi or permanent lockdown forever.

But we are not in that place. A viable vaccine is very likely not that far off, and with it, a hope of a return to something vaguely normal. So no need for drastic and highly risks changes of course IMO.

Yes, many businesses will have gone bust by then and that is a tragedy for all concerned. But things WILL bounce back quite quickly. People will still want to go to the cinema even if Cineworld don't own it any more and some new start up does. Ditto bars, restaurants etc. The jobs will return.

I think that's the key isn't it, the vaccine being within sight. If it wasn't we would have no option really other than 'let it rip'. Whilst that's in touching distance then some form of lockdown is a no brainer really, just needs to be sensible.

Not if his job still needs doing. Lets say I’m his employer do I manage without him for 6 months ,maybe there’s a few I have to do without. Or do I try and employ some people not vulnerable, what if they aren’t as qualified. In 6 months does he get his job back? Throwing out those that covered?
If you close his business and he can never get a job he’s totally buggered any way.....

Cases in GM have doubled in last 2 weeks he says. The situation is grave there. There will be more in ICUs in Manchester soon than in April. Says Boris.

Will not shut down businesses in Cornwall because Manchester has to 'unless I absolutely have to' do this nationally.

If you close his business and he can never get a job he’s totally buggered any way.....
I’m not saying there is a good solution, just saying protect the vulnerable and cary on is a great sounding idea but too simplistic, and far too complicated to be a realistic and practical solution. While we are hoping for a vaccine in the next few months. If the hopes of a vaccine change then the situation changes and we might have to change direction anddo that.

1657, 3019, 1888, 1542, 1845, 941, 1455, 1533, 1445, 1521, 1515, 1619 are the last 12 days GM totals which are apparently doubling Boris has just claimed.

I must not be very good at maths as that does not look anything like what I call doubling. (The 3000 was the day they added all the cases they lost btw).

It is not falling but it is pretty obviously not escalating rapidly either.

I’m not saying there is a good solution, just saying protect the vulnerable and cary on is a great sounding idea but too simplistic, and far too complicated to be a realistic and practical solution. While we are hoping for a vaccine in the next few months. If the hopes of a vaccine change then the situation changes and we might have to change direction anddo that.
But if he knows he’s vulnerable, he needs to ensure he is always socially distant, wears a mask when he’s out, washes his hands and goes into Covid secure environments, is more likely what he needs to do, rather than being ‘locked away’.

It wont be unproven , it will proven effective and safe , it has been done in record time because every scientist in the world was working on finding and testing potential ones, take no notice of china and russia already injecting their citizens , theirs is not tested properly and their population have no choice in the matter , ours will be as safe as the flu vaccine

It is impossible to know what the long term affects could/will be though from both the virus and the vaccine that is my only worry. It happened with MMR and it's happened with many others, until there is a better data set which can only come with time I wouldn't personally feel it was right to 'test' it out on a child.

1657, 3019, 1888, 1542, 1845, 941, 1455, 1533, 1445, 1521, 1515, 1619 are the last 12 days GM totals which are apparently doubling Boris has just claimed.

I must not be very good at maths as that does not look anything like what I call doubling. (The 3000 was the day they added all the cases they lost btw).

It is not falling but it is pretty obviously not escalating rapidly either.
It’s not and this is the source of my frustrations. There’s no need for them to make stuff up and I will wager nobody will call them out on it.
GM hospital admissions less today than yesterday, ventilator beds up by 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.