Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

City at Maine was very tasty for a lot of firms coming in . I know quite a lot from Leeds and they always said back in the day City were always on it

Hurleys got done when we played Sheff Wednesday, pretty much straight after the Sheff match buses got bricked while dropping the fans off at Picc. Plenty of Pringle Diamond jumpers were available around our way that night, someone I know was involved.
There was hurleys golf and hurleys sport one season in the second division was us sheff Wednesday, Newcastle And Pompey all at the top Memorable games both home and away.
More battling in town than around main road in some ways .

There was hurleys golf and hurleys sport one season in the second division was us sheff Wednesday, Newcastle And Pompey all at the top Memorable games both home and away.
More battling in town than around main road in some ways .

If I remember correctly, the rags were playing Everton away. A fair few of us went to Victoria station to wait for them. Nothing metarialised from it mind, good job probably as only about 20 of us. Smash and grab was more important for others;-)

Yeah think we got beat 2-0,going off everywhere,City had a big firm that night,if I’m right I think there top boy Nichols got hospitalised that night.
The week after the on the train back from Huddersfield in the 2nd reply of the cup quite a few lads had bandages and plasters across their face from the previous wed night
Few skirmishes in Huddersfield too thinking about it

The week after the on the train back from Huddersfield in the 2nd reply of the cup quite a few lads had bandages and plasters across their face from the previous wed night
Yeah remember that got a crack over the head off a baton happy copper,did Gidman get the winner

Got me nose bust at huddersfield that day

Yeah remember that got a crack over the head off a baton happy copper,did Gidman get the winner
The only time I ever got assaulted with a weapon by one of Her Majesties Constabulary was outside Bolton Trinity Street Station by an Police Sergeant who gave me a whack across the back of my legs with his signalling stick.It was after Bolton beat us in a League Cup game 3-0 in 1971. The twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.