COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source ? Again, i dont care about brazil, i read everything related to europe and the states

Dont like this shit slur , repeated for the hundreth time and still not true
It is true Karen, you said yourself you couldnt be bothered to read the article I posted. I think you said you said you had moved on. So please dont ask me to post any other sources. I also dont have to justify anything I post to you, its a forum for all so people can debate issues and not just for people you agree with.

What a f...king shambles. It is no wonder the country is in the state it is. Not only do we have a completely inept government but we are not helped by the completely inept public. We have been in the Lakes since Friday, stopped off at the Trafford Centre on the way, lost count of the number of people wandering about not trying to social distance, not wearing face masks correctly or not at all. Madness. Wish we had stayed at home. Best place has been out on the fells where most people make an effort to keep away from each other.
What are the lakes like at the minute and where did you go ?

What is this argument in the thread above about the wave peaking some days ago? Where is the data showing this please? I would love it to be true and there has been some hints of a plateau effect. Is that what is being meant?

Cases are not skyrocketing here like they were. That is a good sign. Hospital admissions and deaths were always going to trail that and so it would take time to see anything similar appear in those numbers.

But I have not seen any hard data arguing the second wave has peaked.

Would be amazing news if it has though.

I never said it was. I said it was lucky for BORIS because it wins him the argument that was being fought over rising numbers in GM.

Andy Burnham was arguing they were not rising. He was right. Boris said they were. He was wrong.

Now these figures over the past 24 hours have reversed that.

This is about the numbers and what they mean. Not politics.

And certainly not about hospital patients. Which my posts here every day make clear are rising in the NW more than anywhere.

But I dont want to argue this either.

If what I said upset you then I happily apologise as it was not meant in the way you took it.
No worries, I’m not upset.
keep up the good work

Vaccine wont be rolled out in dec , the wellcome guy says we will have a vaccine in the first quarter , could easily be march april before it gets rolled out past the trial vo!unteer stage
We don’t know that. Before Christmas is a possibility, not certain but possible.

A Covid vaccine could be given to some of the most vulnerable people "this side of Christmas", according to the chairwoman of the UK Vaccine Taskforce.
But limited supplies would mean the government would have to decide who should get it, and when.
Kate Bingham also said a vaccine will not be "a silver bullet" that would allow life to get back to normal overnight.

England Hospital Numbers still trending up

Up 160 in the day to 4974 - highest since 3 June. Was 3451 last Sunday. So a 40% rise in a week.

Ventilators up from 494 to 503 today - again 3 June last time it was that high. Was 401 last Sunday. Happily a smaller rise at about 25%

You will notice how these dates in early June are around the same time as the death number data is now going back to in my daily references to 'last time it was at' numbers.

So this second wave is tracking the sae curve backwards in all these measures - numbers in hospital, numbers on ventilstors and deaths.

Wish that painted a more optomistic message as it tracks backward in time towards May and then April. Which let us hope it never does. But until it stops doing that backtrack I will find it hard to see this as a plateau.

It might be. But this data is not suggesting that to me as yet.

It is true Karen, you said yourself you couldnt be bothered to read the article I posted. I think you said you said you had moved on. So please dont ask me to post any other sources. I also dont have to justify anything I post to you, its a forum for all so people can debate issues and not just for people you agree with.
You gave me something about brazil, right before a game , stop inferring it was something more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.