COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not been tried before so we don’t know. We do know we give about 25 million flu vaccines normally in about 2 months so at a guess would think we are targetting maybe 40 million in lets say 4 months from December, I would estimate being done by April.
I do know volunteers have been recruited to get the flu vaccines done quickly, and to try and increase the uptake. I also know these volunteers have been asked to make themselves available for a covid vaccine roll out.
Vaccine wont be rolled out in dec , the wellcome guy says we will have a vaccine in the first quarter , could easily be march april before it gets rolled out past the trial vo!unteer stage

you do a great service, and the only reason I log on still

but that was uncalled for, it’s about the people of manchester, not Johnson or Burnham

What was wrong with what I said?

The figures HAVE impacted both their arguments significantly and tipped the balance. I am not arguing rights or wrongs of what they were after but both could not win this argument and the data today clearly tips the balance.

I am as neutral as can be in this - because I voted for both men in last year's elections. I dont do party politics.

And have made clear in here I favour stricter measures, never wanted Stockport out of the GM measures but believe a local lockdown will fail because of leakage across areas so we need a broader measure at this critical time.

But I am not opposed to tier 3 on principle. I just supported his fight to get a better deal for those who will suffer disproportionately in the north over the areas (mainly in the south) some way from ever entering tier 3.

Last edited:
What was wriong with what I said? THe figures HAVE impacted both their arguments significabtly and tipped the balance. I am not arguing rights or wrongs of what they were aftrer but both coukd not wun and the data today clearly tips the balance.

I am as netral as can be in this - because I voted for both men in last year's elections. I dont do party politics.
don’t want to argue with you because of everything you have done

but increasing numbers of people going into hospital is far from ‘lucky’ imho

What a f...king shambles. It is no wonder the country is in the state it is. Not only do we have a completely inept government but we are not helped by the completely inept public. We have been in the Lakes since Friday, stopped off at the Trafford Centre on the way, lost count of the number of people wandering about not trying to social distance, not wearing face masks correctly or not at all. Madness. Wish we had stayed at home. Best place has been out on the fells where most people make an effort to keep away from each other.

It’s not an easy job but there are community groups in Africa who are doing a better job of track and trace. Even the Coordinator of one of the community gardening groups I go to phoned round to let peole know that a member of the group had tested positive, even though the risk was low with it being outdoors and I wouldn’t have been within 2 metres of the person with the virus for 15 minutes. I’m not mixing with anybody else for 10 days as a precaution though.

The decision was taken to spend multi-£billions on management consultants to lead centralised track and trace here and the results aren’t a surprise.
Management Consultancies: Always guaranteed to be a failure. They simply tell senior management what their front line staff already know

don’t want to argue with you because of everything you have done

but increasing numbers of people going into hospital is far from ‘lucky’ imho

I never said it was. I said it was lucky for BORIS because it wins him the argument that was being fought over rising numbers in GM.

Andy Burnham was arguing they were not rising. He was right. Boris said they were. He was wrong.

Now these figures over the past 24 hours have reversed that.

This is about the numbers and what they mean. Not politics.

And certainly not about hospital patients. Which my posts here every day make clear are rising in the NW more than anywhere.

But I dont want to argue this either.

If what I said upset you then I happily apologise as it was not meant in the way you took it.

It strikes me there us a fundamental difference between where I live and parts of the North-West. In the main, people in the south of the black country are pretty much wearing face masks and obeying social distancing regs.
Went for a big shop at a supermarket and visited a few shops in the Merry Hill shopping centre and EVERYONE was wearing a mask when walking around and keeping their distance.
This contradicts massively with what my friends report while shopping or visiting eateries and cafes in the North West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.