Not just beaten

Totally agree

And the scoreline was irrelevant. 6-1 is just the same as 2-1.. you get exactly the same .. 3 points
Well as our GD was 93:29
and the rags was 89:33
If we'd've only won 2:1 that day, the GD would've been identical.
So the tonking was pretty crucial, just like tonking Norwich, Tottenham, Blackburn etc

Well as our GD was 93:29
and the rags was 89:33
If we'd've only won 2:1 that day, the GD would've been identical.
So the tonking was pretty crucial, just like tonking Norwich, Tottenham, Blackburn etc

I know mate.. I was being sarcastic

but I recall a rag, think it was Darren fletcher, saying exactly that !!

Early that morning, we’d received a phone call from Mrs Vienna's heavily pregnant daughter, saying that she thought she was going into labour, so we promptly got up and took the laptop and drove the 40 miles to their home.

We sat there enthralled as the game unfolded, as nervous as usual watching a derby, even at 0-3.

As Alan Parry said in the commentary, it was a humiliation and confirmation that the semifinal victory six months earlier wasn’t a fluke. I’ve said it before, but Mario hit the opener with exactly the right amount of power. Any harder, and it would have gone wide; any softer, and the alpaca would have saved it.

Has there ever been a better assist - or even pass - than Merlin's for the icing on cake. I never grow tired of watching David's brilliant touch of magic.

The granddaughter was born just after midday the next day. It was a fantastic 24 hours.

This was such a joyus day, giving them a right shellacking at their swampy pit.

I think this was the game that hastened the bully's demise. He knew we were ready to start competing again, we had beaten them in the semi final the previous season and won the cup. For the first time in his reign he knew he had a local rival who could now compete on and off the field and his ego couldn't take it.

I am pleased we gave him the most humiliating defeat in his whole career and that he has stayed there long enough to watch their demise and our dominance.
Knocked him off his perch?

Knocked him off his perch?

Sort of. His record will never be beaten, mainly because managers won't stay at one club for so long these days. It's also different times now, the bottom club gets a minimum of 100 million from TV revenue so even the weaker clubs are stronger. For most, if not all of Ferguson's reign he had the extra revenue of the champions league which gave those four clubs in it a huge advantage. It's no coincidence the title was shared amongst those clubs for years, only Blackburn breaking the stranglehold until we came along.

Our rise made him call it a day, no way could be live with being second best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.