West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

If Sterling puts his glorious chances away and Mahrez does not fancy taking the ball along the white line (which was most baffling) we come away with a convincing win after chumps league mid week.

I hate this early game on a Saturday as it usually dampens my weekend when we don’t get a win. If however Liverpool lose to the mighty Blades, I may be smiling before not too long!

We should really be creating more chances though in 90 minutes than just the ones that Sterling and Mahrez missed ... for a team that hopes to win silverware we just don't create enough, or have enough shots on goal.

It's alright creating 'minimal' chances if you have players that can actually convert them , and snatch victory on breakaways, or against the run of play, but all too often we don't .... and that can only lead to dropped points.

We seemed in control , Foden equalised at a great time for us , and a good side would have took the game by the scruff of the neck and gone on to snatch a second or third goal , maybe in quick succession .... but it just never looked likely.

West Ham fancied their chances today for two reasons .... becasuse they knew that they themselves had been playing pretty well of late , and they also knew that this City team is nowhere near as strong, or as clinical, as it has been in recent seasons.

Last edited:
It certainly looks like Pep is surrounded by people that agree with him on almost everything. I don’t think there are any differences of opinion or healthy debate among the coaching staff. That is never a good thing in any organisation. It’s probably also a big part of why our recruitment has been so poor.

We’re lacking pace throughout the team, but the management clearly doesn’t see this as an issue. Mahrez is never going to fit what we need. The sooner we get rid, the better. Rodri and Gundogan playing together has proven to be a disaster time and again. Yet we persist with it.

The one encouraging thing is that the league this year won’t be won by an outstanding team.
It’s the only one in recent years where you might get away with a few fcuk ups.
Exactly right. Any team that puts a good run together at some point could win it. Low 80s points could be enough.

When will he fucking finally see that two inadequate DM are not making up for the loss of dinho. For the love of god go back to 4-3-3 with ONE of gundogan or Rodri. It’s not like we’re even remotely better defensively but we’re sticking sad sight worse going forward.

Our available squad pisses all over West Ham's.

hands down and in 2nd gear

but its not like that and city are having a bad run of luck. it needs somebody to grab hold of this and stand up and become a captain or leader ? phil foden coming on in the 2nd half was a breath of fresh air and we need more of that

also i will add KDB was poor coming of the bench and he is not match fit and should not be risked for a short term fix's at west ham ? hard work point and question for the moaners but we have to just get on with it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.