West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Too early. If we get Aguero, Ake and Jesus match-fit and running and say only 5 points behind the leaders, we have a chance. There is a title winning team there. Cancelo is showing promises on the attack, Foden is ready for our first XI, and Bernardo is coming back to form.
I agree with this. And COVID remains a wildcard; I’m not sure there isn’t going to be a long break or truncated season anyhow. Everyone else is going to be messy too. I do think we have a striker problem though and our goal tally suggests as much. But defensively we look cleaner so far too — they didn’t have a sniff other than a great goal scored with the combo of a lazy chase down by us (by the midfielders), a possible handball and a great strike. Agree with others that this might look a good point later but I’m wondering if Pep is just saying “fuck the league” and we will see something more like what we expect line-up wise in CL.

Weirdly my biggest problem with Pep is that he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Sterling on the left hasnt been up to it and Mahrez hasnt done enough in the right either. So when Ferran showed what he offered on the left how does Pep not try to use that more and shift Sterling right?

Bernardo is the weakest creatively between him, Foden and Kevin, so asking him to play that role and offer the energy and control with Gundogan and Rodri, like the last game, was a poor choice. But like the last game, when Foden came on we looked much better.

Defense I have no issue with because it was a well earned goal.

Pep needs to figure out the midfield and offense and I think he over thinks this way too much. If Rodri and Gundogan are statistically not working, then stop playing them.

If Sterling and Mahrez have been shit in their position for a couple games now, then switch it up.

I dont get how he makes decisions.

far to many on here predicting the worst this season (the end is nigh)
ok we are in a bad place at the moment with injuries and we keep dropping points but it will recover and rise again
we just need a bit of luck and something to light the fuse paper and we will be off shining bright again

nobody knows a couple of season like we have had under covid-19 outbreak. its never happened before teams will have to rethink things and base the new season and get going around the 10 to 15 games mark

so city are still a top top team but like the others will drop points early doors. its because the fixtures are piling up
and the better teams have more games to play and internationals games as well. its asking to much of players and something has to give or we will have big trouble and players getting badly injured or burnt out

the players need to get hold of the PFA union and say no more. stop the internationals games or we will not make our self available its daft and just look at the fixture list until Christmas its madness. the teams without midweek european games are starting to look world beaters because the top teams just don't have any sort legs to play or fight at the same level in the premier league

big point today and city down to the bare bones and still giving a midtable team a game. that's the level we are at the moment the bare bones of squad giving west ham a game

Our available squad pisses all over West Ham's.

If Sterling puts his glorious chances away and Mahrez does not fancy taking the ball along the white line (which was most baffling) we come away with a convincing win after chumps league mid week.

I hate this early game on a Saturday as it usually dampens my weekend when we don’t get a win. If however Liverpool lose to the mighty Blades, I may be smiling before not too long!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.