Pep's contract situation

Just my opinion but I think he wants to stay but if the fanbase get on his case like some are I can see him walking away
No crowds to get on his case. Simple fact is with the investment he’s had we should be doing better. Issue is we’ve bought badly

The best manager City have ever had is in danger of leaving a legacy that includes being tactically schooled in three consecutive Derby's by Ole gona seesaw and now failing to beat Jurassic park Moyes

If pep leaves the media are linking us with bludy Brendan Rodgers.
Honestly I wouldnt be against it. We wouldnt be second to every ball and he would at least utilise some pace. Before people jump all over that, to say it is not to denigrate Guardiola's achievements with us. We once played consistently the best football I have ever seen a club play. But we arent now and it is all very stale and predictable. And he isnt changing it.

If he were to leave we would probably just replace him with Valverde or Enrique so I don’t think replacing him would change the style of play

Realistically we just need someone to get through to him that the inverted wingers and slow pace stuff doesn’t work. I think positional play and favoring attack is a good thing for the club but he needs to be shaken out of stubbornness

No crowds to get on his case. Simple fact is with the investment he’s had we should be doing better. Issue is we’ve bought badly
Good point. If fans were there as normal he would have at least heard the consensus when he was preparing to put Zinchenko on in a game we were drawing and should have tried winning. Maybe not away at that ground so much but definitely at home

Not sure I agree with your train of thought, or others who quote, remember where came from and believe me I do. Winning trophies does set expectations and winning becomes a habit. I think as a fan base (not bluemoon) we still have ‘typical city’ inside us all. Being disappointed at results, performances, players or managers is par for the course. How many remember slamming performances and players under different manages over the years. I am not saying that there might be some that in your words have become self entitled or spoilt, but you should not confuse that with ambition and the will to win. Who wants to go back to where came from?! If we were 3-0 up in a cup final with 20 minutes to go and the opposition scored, a lot of us are conditioned to think the worst. I think the ‘spoilt’ and ‘self entitled’ label is just used to make a convenient point and to suit a particular argument ‘Spoilt’ and ‘self entitled’ are certainly not what most city fans are.
What's to say a new manager would be an instant success?

He's an astute manager and I'm sure he'll work it out if given the time, I just feel that everything he's done and won for the club we should afford him some patience to see if he can get us through this transitional period, football fans are fickle though

Funny how people are saying we’ve bought badly. We haven’t at all. It’s a selection problem.

Ederson
Walker Dias Laporte Ake
Rodri
De Bruyne Foden
Sterling Aguero Torres

is the best team in the league on paper and has the energy and pace needed to terrify teams. Swap Bernardo for either attacking mid, Gundo for Rodri or Jesus for any of the front 3 and we wouldn’t skip a beat.

The issue is that Pep is having extramarital affairs with Mendy, Mahrez and that fucking rodent Garcia and is being bullied by Gundogan that he must play as an attacking mid. That’s the most frustrating thing about all of this. We have a stellar A team but Pep refuses to play it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.