#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes not worth the half a million a week he supposedly wants. For that money you want absolutely clinical forward.

His current salary of £300k a week is about maximum for player of his quality. Will be interesting to see what City do.

He is not even 300K a week player to be fair.

Because when you are the second best payed player in Manchester City and that means - you are one of the best payed players in the world - you should be something extraordinary, like Debruyne is for example.

Debruyne definitely is the best midfielder (some even argue that player) in the world right now and every penny he earns is well deserved.

But Sterling isn't best winger or one of top 5 wingers in the world and that's the fact..

Mbappe, Neymar, Mane, Salah, Sane, Sancho and etc. are better than him and some of them earn two times less he earns at City.

For example, as I have researched - Mane & Salah`s combined salary equals Sterling`s salary and let's imagine City had those 2 wingers and Liverpool had Sterling right now. Would they even get in CL ? Nope - they wouldn't even get in top6..

So club needs to somehow analyze this situation. I don't mind how much player earns but as salary defines player`s role and status in the club - that influences on the result, because when you should have best players for that money and you have average ones - results aren't good.

Kompany - Toure - Silva - Aguero for those years were the best players on their related positions in PL

So point is that - money should be spent effectively :)

Do it on the fuckin pitch and I,ll be more than happy

How many times does he have to do it on the pitch before he's allowed to do a TV advert?

He's at 182 goals and assists at the moment, when does he get your permission to do commercial activities? 200? 250?

29 game winning goals, if you prefer that, how many before Gillette can give him a call?

He's scored 2 more goals than anyone else in the Premier League since the start of last season, but perhaps that should be higher before someone puts him on a poster? 10 goals more than anyone else? 20?

Please, let us know what he's got to do before he's allowed to do an advert.

How many times does he have to do it on the pitch before he's allowed to do a TV advert?

He's at 182 goals and assists at the moment, when does he get your permission to do commercial activities? 200? 250?

29 game winning goals, if you prefer that, how many before Gillette can give him a call?

He's scored 2 more goals than anyone else in the Premier League since the start of last season, but perhaps that should be higher before someone puts him on a poster? 10 goals more than anyone else? 20?

Do it on the fuckin pitch. How many times does 1 our highest payed players take games by the scruff of the neck, as kev does and gain a 10 out of 10 performance. Whats is the ratio of him putting away his chances? As he improved his finishing since we bought him? Is he content with kev "gifting" him 20 goals a season? I'll probably feel better when kev starts doing adverts and we dont have to chat anymore

Do it on the fuckin pitch. How many times does 1 our highest payed players take games by the scruff of the neck, as kev does and gain a 10 out of 10 performance. Whats is the ratio of him putting away his chances? As he improved his finishing since we bought him? Is he content with kev "gifting" him 20 goals a season? I'll probably feel better when kev starts doing adverts and we dont have to chat anymore

There’s no doubt that Sterling is an elite level forward, his numbers prove it. But the crazy thing with him is that you expect an elite level player to be able to do most, if not all, basic things on the pitch. Like controlling a ball, like running without tripping over your own feet, or kicking the ground first, or missing more than an acceptable amount of sitters. He’s extremely frustrating for this reason. His stats are elite, but his technique is not. It’s the last thing you expect to be lacking in a top player, but with Sterling it is. He excites me and pisses me off in equal measure. We’d be fucked without him, he’s our goal threat. Yet often I’m left wishing he was better than he actually is. He’s such an odd player for me.

The annoying thing is that he also hesitates to shoot. Every one knows he is not the best finisher and he never would be that but he always hesitaes to try. Leeds, arsenal, now west ham he always takes unnecessary touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.