#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand anymore. I just want pep to take a pen & paper and start over his line up. Obviously what he wants from some players and the reason he puts them in those positions is not working. Even if this would be his last season I want him to atleast try to fix it than be stubborn about his decisions.

I was hoping Torres would be that player but he can't seem to get on the pitch.

Can you not remember as far back as 16/17?

I only ask because surely anyone without some sort of memory impediment would remember that Sané didn't start games until January?

In fact, I looked it up, he started 4 league games before the 21st January.

So why are people losing their fucking minds when Ferran Torres isn't put straight in the first XI? You want him to replace Sané but seemingly have forgotten how Sané's career started.

it's Sterling thinking he's better on the left and Pep's obsession with his Barca blueprint of inverted wingers and pretend Busquets in the midfield that's the issue, when we set out to build the best interpretation of a Pep team for English football we thumped everybody.

When exactly did Pep's obsession with inverted wingers begin at City?

If he truly was obsessed he would have played Sane right wing where he played for Schalke and put Sterling on the right but he did the opposite.

Sane better than Sterling mob out in full force I see. Sterling was far more important to us when they were both in the side, scored more goals, made a similar amount of assists. Never looked disinterested. He might not be world class but the fuckin revisionism on Sane is embarrassing.
See the goal he just scored? Fucking brilliant, what a natural talent

We should have given Sterling more importance over Mahrez on the right where his game was developing well, and we may likely have never had to worry about Sané on the left.

If Sterling would have spent his entire City career on the right he’d be a better and more confident player than he is now.

I still can’t understand why we signed Mahrez.
This is one of the major problems. Mahrez slows everything down. Constantly cutting back inside and passing backwards to Rodri. Sure he has the odd decent game but generally brings nothing to this team. Bench him and put Torres in.

I only ask because surely anyone without some sort of memory impediment would remember that Sané didn't start games until January?

So why are people losing their fucking minds when Ferran Torres isn't put straight in the first XI? You want him to replace Sané but seemingly have forgotten how Sané's career started.
To be fair, Sané was very timid for several months. Ferran was timid for 2 or 3 games and now he’s running off the ball excellently and looking to make the difference. In light of that, I should hope that he starts more than 4 times before 21st January. I think your point that Sane didn’t start therefore Ferran shouldn’t be expected to either is not really taking into account any variables whatsoever. Particularly the covid-inflicted heavy schedule, where EVERYONE should be expecting to start a fair amount of games.

When exactly did Pep's obsession with inverted wingers begin at City?

If he truly was obsessed he would have played Sane right wing where he played for Schalke and put Sterling on the right but he did the opposite.

well he is, it developed with the signing of Mahrez for 18/19 but the entire point was we started with the direction to be the best interpretation of Pep set up for English football and then Pep has tried to move us to his wannabe version of his Barca side playing in England. We've gone in a completely different direction and it's coincided with us going miles backwards. Go back to what worked.

I highlighted this part of his post: "We need an attacker - who is able to transform our possession into moments".
And replied with this: "I was hoping Torres would be that player but he can't seem to get on the pitch".

I made no comment on anything else that he said and my post had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Sane.
I'll give you the benefit of doubt by assuming that you have replied to the wrong person before giving back the insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.