Marseille (a) post match thread

Looked a bit sharper, but we still over played / over passed for long periods for me, still a long way short of where we can be, and Marseilles must be one of the worst teams we've played in the CL. I was still frustrated by some of our play if I'm honest.

3-0 looks great away in the CL, but for the domination of the game we had, it still took until 76 minutes to make it look safe from our normal f**k up.

What would everyone say our first choice 11 is now?

Jesus for Gundogan/Rodri and then Foden in the midfield 3 is probably what I would choose but haven't seen enough of Foden KBD in the two 8 positions to know if it really works.

Great performance, and a great result
Inverted full-backs, and wide wingers is the way to go clearly
We just need Ake in the left back, and Bernardo in the middle with KDB, and we will "Make City Great Again"

So refreshing to see us playing with movement, pace and generally a lot happier disposition. Torres adds such a different threat and it also allows Raheem to play on the right where he looks so much more at home. Foden also showed superb pace and timing on when to make his runs. Those three should be the way we go from now on. Dias and Laporte look like they could be a top pairing, it also means that Walker & Zinchenko could push Marseille's wide men the wrong way. Kev Rodri and Gundo looked so much like themselves when we have 1. movement ahead of them and 2. A strong defensive middle. Love that the average age of our team is coming right down - it's a young mans world folks!

Also good to see Palmer have a few mins and even my mate Mahrez did much better as the game was stretched, lovely pass for the 3rd - keep him as an impact sub for now please, he'll get another chance when injuries and rest is needed. We still look more fluid without him starting in my opinion.

A great start to our CL campaign that takes some of the pressure off. I'd bring in Delap at the weekend as he can offer something different again. Torres - Delap - Sterling with Foden - Kev - Rodri in the middle. Gundo can be rested against a more physical Sheff Utd. A good night blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.