Nobby Stiles RIP

In 2006 I was flying from Manchester to Dussledorf via Stanstead. There were 7 of us at the gate waiting to board when an 8th person came along. Nobby Stiles. Naturally him being a Rag legend I paid no attention to him and boarded the plane.
5 minutes later, he walked down the plane looking at seat numbers - and sat right next to me! 8 of us on a 200 seater plane and they gave him a ticket next to me!!!!!
It was only a 35 - 45 min flight to Stanstead but how I wished it was longer. We talked and talked football. He was on his way to an after dinner speech in Essex, was being put up for the night in a hotel and flying back the next day.
I was saddened to hear today that Nobby passed away and this Blue cherishes the very short time we spent together up in the air. Goodnight Nobby
The pleasure, the privilege was mine.

Last edited:
In 2006 I was flying from Manchester to Dussledorf via Stanstead. There were 7 of us at the gate waiting to board when an 8th person came along. Nobby Stiles. Naturally him being a Rag legend I paid no attention to him and boarded the plane.
5 minutes later, he walked down the plane looking at seat numbers - and sat right next to me! 8 of us on a 200 seater plane and they gave him a ticket next to me!!!!!
It was only a 35 - 45 min flight to Stanstead but how I wished it was longer. We talked and talked football. He was on his way to an after dinner speech in Essex, was being put up for the night in a hotel and flying back the next day.
I was saddened to hear today that Nobby passed away and this Blue cherishes the very short time we spent together up in the air. Goodnight Nobby
The pleasure, the privilege was mine.

Nice post glad you enjoyed your natter with him, Manchester lad through and through and a sad loss all round.

RIP Nobby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.