Nobby Stiles RIP

I'm a season ticket holder with swansea city ,my late father was a mancunian, and a blue.
I'm honestly taken aback by the response here,class fair play lads
Nobby Stiles was a good honest player and man.
Sometimes a player from a different club, any club not just your own, can have a certain quality that makes him admired and respected by anyone who loves the game. Think about Cruyff, Pele, Messi, Gazza, Worthington and Bell as a few examples.
Nobby loved the game, loved being a part of it and gave everything whilst on the pitch.
So for these reasons I would like to wish Nobby a peaceful sleep and thanks for the wonderful memories.
R.I.P. Nobby Stiles.

Yea,some players like the ones you've mentioned come into that category as respected regardless of who they played for.
Id imagine Brian Kidd is another one up your way,who's liked and respected by blue and red sides of Manchester.
Nobby Stiles came down our way to do an after dinner speaking night, about 25 years ago.
He was an absolute gentleman, and a funny guy with it.Completely down to earth,signed autographs and had time for everyone.
So sad to hear he'd struggled last few years with dementia.
RIP Nobby

Nobby Stiles was a United legend and a real character , one of the players i grew up with in football .... its real sad to hear of his loss.

He came from Collyhurst , like Brian Kidd.

He went to St Pats. Here is a picture of their school team. My uncle was on the same team, even though he was a year younger (my uncle went on to forge a career as a chief scout and discovered a few international players). My uncle still has an original of the nearly 70 year old
photo.
He said Nobby was a great player and a
great fella. When asked what he was like as a footballer, he said imagine Roy Keane if he was not a dickhead.
It is so sad how he had to sell his medals just to survive. Someone like Nobby Stiles would be absolutely priceless today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201031-101706_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-101706_WhatsApp.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 21
RIP Nobby. One of football's true characters.
For us blues growing up in the 60s, the character was that of the pantomime villain (do I hear cries of "oh no he wasn't?"), but a character nevertheless. There aren't so many of them left now.

Last edited:
Nobby Stiles was a good honest player and man.
Sometimes a player from a different club, any club not just your own, can have a certain quality that makes him admired and respected by anyone who loves the game. Think about Cruyff, Pele, Messi, Gazza, Worthington and Bell as a few examples.
Nobby loved the game, loved being a part of it and gave everything whilst on the pitch.
So for these reasons I would like to wish Nobby a peaceful sleep and thanks for the wonderful memories.
R.I.P. Nobby Stiles.

Well said.

Nobby was one of the games characters when I was young'un.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.