Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

Disappointed with a point after that. Liverpool were knackered with 30 mins left but we didn’t really stretch them. Back 4 bar Walker did well. Rodri had a mixed afternoon, Gundogan did well as did Jesus considering how little football he’s had. Torres I thought struggled. Sterling and especially KDB were pretty poor.

It’s still really hard to tell how whether we’re going to click. Defensively we’ve improved massively but we’re not creating chances with any regularity. Thought Foden should have played instead of Torres.

I’m sorry but “controlling” the game by virtue of playing a rondo in defence and having little desire to actually hurt the opposition is not what I want City to be about. That is Louis Van Gaal football and wont get any plaudits from me. I’d rather lose but have an identity than draw and be devoid of one.
Steady mate, you can't say we expected more that is a slightly negative slant. You have to say it was superb from start to finish

I think he stuck to the plan. Was desperate to find any reason not to give that pen for handball. VAR probably told him it would look dodgy as f*ck if he didn't.
He reffed that game as if there was a crowd in the stadium. There wasn't. He should have let the game flow more, and ffs, stop falling for that Liverpool diving shit..... every fucking time!!!

Don’t think we will get the credit we deserve for that. First 25 minutes they were great but don’t remember ederson having a save to really make. After that we totally controlled the game and missed a few sitters and a pen. Slightly disappointed but overall a good performance.

Indeed mate.

I see it like this - if we keep clean sheets we'll win pretty much every game because we almost always score.

Previously it's always been a case of "we'll outscore everyone" but that wont wash forever.

I like this new approach.

Being a **** to score against is so important in the modern game.
We’ve scored 10 in 7 games and conceded 9. Those are not league winning statistics.

Disappointed with that. So, so slow and the quality we have lost over the past few years is there for us all to see. We are now inferior to Liverpool.

Pep held out for a draw instead of trying to nick it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.