Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

Correct , there are no outstanding teams so far this season and we will improve , despite all the media flannel the Dippers are nowhere near last season and have shown a far bigger drop in quality than ourselves. If we can get Kun fit and rotate him with jesus our goal threat will improve 100%

also we’ve had a much harder start in terms of fixtures than the other teams

The back 5 is looking very solid. Kyle was unlucky, against them cnuts it could have been anyone who gave it away. They run into the box looking more for a pen than a goal at times.
We are missing a controlling midfielder. Bernado could be it but needs time, phils a maverick, keys a genius but looks for the killer pass not the pass before the assist.
Sterling & torres need to swap wings more during the match and look 1st choice now.
Jesus will score a lot of goals this year.

If Kev scores that pen or jesus scores the header or sterling passes to gabby with the whole goal to aim at unmarked, that would of been game over. Apart from the pen they didn't create anything more than 50/50 chances. It would of been a great tactical win. But hey ho, wudda, shudda, cudda and all that, upfront were not firing yet but no one is. So its there for the taking.

These look shot now, I can see them getting a lot of injuries this year. The same players have been run into the ground for 3 years now. TAA today, Alison kept grabbing his shoulder again, salah isn't anywhere near as explosive. Thiago is a sicknote, firmino is finished.

Whilst I wouldn't want a season ticket to watch these long-ball, penalty merchants they are better/more effective than us

I think they wil get over the line in tight games more than we will. Which will ultimatley result in them winning the league

Good first half but it looked like both teams would be happy settling for a point a piece in the second.

Disappointed Foden didn't get at least half an hour or come on when TAA went of injured to run the legs off Milner.

Impressed with Cancelo though, finally we're starting to see why we paid so much for him.
I think Pep bottled it with Foden, he had a choice: put Foden and risk a loss in the effort to get 3 points or leave him on the bench and settle for the draw. The final league table with either endorse or refute his decision.

Oh i get it, and whats its doing is exposing how unproductive our attackers are in reality...its alright getting 30 goals a season when you can afford to miss 150+...now with this more safe style of play you need to be creating and converting solid chances. For me its completely exposing the weakness of sterling and a few others.

Like i said previously not all bad, defenders look really solid along with cancelo. But the fact that for me cancelo is motm playing out of position says it all! What did sterling do today to help the team? Other than Keeping the ball when he should pass, every, single, time...

Mahrez and sterling not good enough for how we play now, genuinely need worldy wingers(torres has that potential but has played a lot the last couple of weeks) if this pargmatism is to continue, otherwise it will be way too many draws and tight games to contend. I might eat my words later in the season but i seriously doubt it.

Rodri is simply not good enough, sterling and mahrez and too wasteful for this pragmatic approach, and we lack serious attacking wingplay. The summer needs to deliver a worldy striker, at least 1 worldy winger, and a serious upgrade on rodri and mendy.

But the club just dont seem to want to try for the best...which is exactly what this system needs.
Your first paragraph sums up exactly how I feel. Sterling has missed sitters against Leeds West Ham and Liverpool now which is an extra 6 points.
He’s always been a 1 in 4 forward but now that he only gets 1 or 2 chances per game it’s really highlighting his deficiencies.
Sterling is, and always will be, a player who needs 3 or 4 big chances per game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.