Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

Oh i get it, and whats its doing is exposing how unproductive our attackers are in reality...its alright getting 30 goals a season when you can afford to miss 150+...now with this more safe style of play you need to be creating and converting solid chances. For me its completely exposing the weakness of sterling and a few others.

Like i said previously not all bad, defenders look really solid along with cancelo. But the fact that for me cancelo is motm playing out of position says it all! What did sterling do today to help the team? Other than Keeping the ball when he should pass, every, single, time...

Mahrez and sterling not good enough for how we play now, genuinely need worldy wingers(torres has that potential but has played a lot the last couple of weeks) if this pargmatism is to continue, otherwise it will be way too many draws and tight games to contend. I might eat my words later in the season but i seriously doubt it.

Rodri is simply not good enough, sterling and mahrez and too wasteful for this pragmatic approach, and we lack serious attacking wingplay. The summer needs to deliver a worldy striker, at least 1 worldy winger, and a serious upgrade on rodri and mendy.

But the club just dont seem to want to try for the best...which is exactly what this system needs.
We won our last league game before today 1-0. The goal was entirely down to Sterling doing as good a run as you will see in Europe all season.

pace, tricky and skill.

Exactly who would you replace Sterling with? Because every other club in Europe would bite our hand off to have his service and for good reason.

Your first paragraph sums up exactly how I feel. Sterling has missed sitters against Leeds West Ham and Liverpool now which is an extra 6 points.
He’s always been a 1 in 4 forward but now that he only gets 1 or 2 chances per game it’s really highlighting his deficiencies.
Sterling is, and always will be, a player who needs 3 or 4 big chances per game.
What sitter did he miss today?

I think Pep bottled it with Foden, he had a choice: put Foden and risk a loss in the effort to get 3 points or leave him on the bench and settle for the draw. The final league table with either endorse or refute his decision.
Why didn’t he come on? He was stripped and ready at 85mins (15mins too late) and never got on the pitch??

The back 5 is looking very solid. Kyle was unlucky, against them cnuts it could have been anyone who gave it away. They run into the box looking more for a pen than a goal at times.
We are missing a controlling midfielder. Bernado could be it but needs time
, phils a maverick, keys a genius but looks for the killer pass not the pass before the assist.
Sterling & torres need to swap wings more during the match and look 1st choice now.
Jesus will score a lot of goals this year

If Kev scores that pen or jesus scores the header or sterling passes to gabby with the whole goal to aim at unmarked, that would of been game over. Apart from the pen they didn't create anything more than 50/50 chances. It would of been a great tactical win. But hey ho, wudda, shudda, cudda and all that, upfront were not firing yet but no one is. So its there for the taking.

These look shot now, I can see them getting a lot of injuries this year. The same players have been run into the ground for 3 years now. TAA today, Alison kept grabbing his shoulder again, salah isn't anywhere near as explosive. Thiago is a sicknote, firmino is finished.

I especially agreed with the bits I underlined

why not. Who out of the realistic challengers is running away with it and not had any terrible results ?

I mean I’m not sure if that’s a serious question or not? Obviously no one is running away with it. Look at the league table.
However, IMO, Liverpool Chelsea and Spurs all look stronger and more importantly - more dangerous. They’ve all got better attacks than us.

First half when DeBruyne put it on a plate. He had to either score or at least play Jesus in and did neither.

Lol rewatch it pal. That is not a ‘sitter’ there is a player in front of Sterling.. he looks up and spots Jesus but there is a player bombing in behind Gabby so he tries the shot and there is a player in front who blocks it.

No doubt he didn’t make the most of it.. but it was anything but a ‘sitter’ as you called it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.