Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

And some won't know that we still had subs we could use.

There are an increasing number of "fans" with a far greater knowledge than Pep. He picks the wrong teams, signs the wrong players, doesn't make the right subs, gets the players injured, can't attack, nor defend.
When I read the pre or post match threads, I get the impression there is a growing movement of disquiet , and i think to myself , "what is wrong with these people" ?

There are an increasing number of "fans" with a far greater knowledge than Pep. He picks the wrong teams, signs the wrong players, doesn't make the right subs, gets the players injured, can't attack, nor defend.
When I read the pre or post match threads, I get the impression there is a growing movement of disquiet , and i think to myself , "what is wrong with these people" ?

It's all walks of life though. Pandemics, the economy, there's no-one that doesn't know better how it should be done.

Completely agree!

SO tired of hearing “there was contact!” IT’S A CONTACT SPORT!!
The question is, “Was it a foul?”

Against Liverpool, Sterling was fouled in exactly the same way as Mané, except Sterling TRIED to stay on his feet! Mané went down like a sack of spuds and was REWARDED FOR DIVING...just like Salah in their previous game!

We have VAR, but the “clear and obvious” language is being used to NOT overturn these decisions! The language should be, “Was it an ACTUAL foul, or was the referee conned by the speed of the action and the actions of the player?”

And, the whole “there was contact” BULLSHIT needs to be shamed out of existence! Hell, if THAT was the threshold for a foul anywhere, there would be no football...and every dead ball or corner or throw in hoisted into the box would be a penalty!!

There is so much at stake in games now, and most penalties are goals, which are ridiculously valuable and completely change games. Accordingly, there needs to be a REDEFINITION of what a foul is snd is not, with referees gaining an understanding of what should and should not be a foul, a yellow card, and a red card!

The lack of consistency from ref to ref, league to league, country to country, and competition to competition is ridiculous, especially considering they’re all supposed to be applying the exact same Laws of the Game!

The quality of refereeing, and the diving that creates penalties and free kicks in dangerous areas, is killing the game.

Without fans in the stadium, it has been noteworthy to see how players feign injury less and roll around less, ESPECIALLY when the ref doesn’t give the foul and plays on.

Without doubt, the biggest cancer on the game is the CHEATING AND PLAY ACTING! My friends in the U.S. just roll their eyes and laugh when they see it...esp when the super slo-mo replay shows he either wasn’t touched or was barely touched. It has become the norm to see a player drop to the ground holding his face as if hit by a pick ace handle for even the slightest contact to the head or face. This can only be to try to get a player sent off. It is pathetic and cheating!

If the PFA had any interest in addressing the cheating against a fellow professional, they would step in and say, or do, something about it, too!
Absolutely, CB. How many refs consider a player has been fouled when he has stayed on his feet. Yer can grab hold of an attacker's shirt on the halfway line and expect a booking or a sending off depending on the spread of players, but do it in the penalty area at a corner and it's the philosophy of the National Lottery at play - some yer get, some yer don't. I suspect it's long been part of the training ground drills for some players to 'perfect. the 'touch 'n tumble approach. The classic that comes to mind is the Rags v QPR - one of the Rangers defenders is sent off after about 11 mins, I think, because Ash the Crash took a tumble. The slo-mo showed a good foot of daylight between defender and attacker. Pen and red card leg up for MANURe. The Dippers have taken over that mantle and, as yer say, a penalty is the golden goose that lays three points.

And how many times am I 'commentating' at corners - 'That's a pen, that's a pen, so's that, and there's another!" And the defenders scramble the ball away. PiGMOL start near every season with a clear instruction re some aspect of the LotG. Remember holding at corners? First City game we get a pen and then concede one when Raheem 'holds' the 7ft6in Shawcross! And the two-pen-a-game matches soon disappeared when it would have been clear that within a couple of matchdays most refs were ignoring it. I also remember the 'retreating' ten yards at a free kick under pain of a yellow card. Some ref, some seasons way back, forget who, doled out seven in one free kick when a defending wall wouldn't retreat the ten yards. He was 'spoken' to during the week!!

What’s more worrying is that he went down when nobody was near him. He wasn’t tackled or anything and I think it was to do with his knee which he has had problems with in the past.
Next few games will be interesting to say the least. No Trent, VVD or Gomez

What’s more worrying is that he went down when nobody was near him. He wasn’t tackled or anything and I think it was to do with his knee which he has had problems with in the past.
I'm sure VAR will take pity on the two diving cunts you have up front.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Salah and Mane do that every bloody week :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.