TV Fixtures - 2020/21

EFL has nothing to do with the PL when it comes to pricing,they set their own out.

I don't know where the quote "listened to the fans" comes from,not me anyway,I'm too busy being giddy at the prospect of every game being put on one of the 4 broadcasters,which paying over 100 p/m for the privilige I'll be happy with as many as Sky and BT can throw at us.
Sorry, "listened to the fans" was from my post.

Of course the EFL is separate but that's the target that some at least, are stating they'll aim for. I'm sure I've seen somewhere that the clubs only get £3 per match (each?) from the £14.95 model as the broadcasters take the rest. So I can't see it being below the £9.95 price point but would like them to be free. Someone has to pay for it though so I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't broadcast them at all.

the idea is right for PPV but the pricing was a joke ? also clubs should have been in control of the showing the games on the internet or on there site channels

many would happily pay to watch a manchester city game that city are getting the money from showing it on there channel on the internet. if the games was £5 also many would pay instead of finding links to streams

look football will be going down this route in the coming years and the internet sites will kill sky dish and a monthly subscription. i even can see many more free to air games happening with sponsorships and adverts paying the way
Yep, I’d have paid a fiver to watch it on a City stream.

What we thinking @mag some announcement this week regarding whose showing what ?

Who knows when they’ll announce the games but looks like it’ll be announced for December and January together now (which is normally always the case) alongside the changes to the next two gameweeks of November as well (so I expect our game against Burnley to move as well) ...

Richard Masters, the PL chief executive was in front of some parliamentary committee this morning and the following is what has come out of it ... NO DETAILS of what the working is now for Dec/Jan though ... his last line summarises it all.

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters today confirmed that the league will scrap the controversial payment model.

“We’ve listened to feedback and, while we’re not able to announce anything today, we will be changing direction and moving away from it,” he told a parliamentary committee.

Masters said bosses were “taking another step” which was expected to last through lockdown, the Christmas period and into January.

While the Premier League boss declined to offer details of the new system, it is expected to see a return to the model put in place at the beginning of the period.

His words ... “We have listened to feedback, we will be changing direction and a new solution is being worked on with all clubs and broadcast partners that’ll take us through the lockdown, the festive period and into January. I can’t announce what it is.

Who knows when they’ll announce the games but looks like it’ll be announced for December and January together now (which is normally always the case) alongside the changes to the next two gameweeks of November as well (so I expect our game against Burnley to move as well) ...

Richard Masters, the PL chief executive was in front of some parliamentary committee this morning and the following is what has come out of it ... NO DETAILS of what the working is now for Dec/Jan though ... his last line summarises it all.

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters today confirmed that the league will scrap the controversial payment model.

“We’ve listened to feedback and, while we’re not able to announce anything today, we will be changing direction and moving away from it,” he told a parliamentary committee.

Masters said bosses were “taking another step” which was expected to last through lockdown, the Christmas period and into January.

While the Premier League boss declined to offer details of the new system, it is expected to see a return to the model put in place at the beginning of the period.

His words ... “We have listened to feedback, we will be changing direction and a new solution is being worked on with all clubs and broadcast partners that’ll take us through the lockdown, the festive period and into January. I can’t announce what it is.

Well looks like with that there is going to be some movement sooner than later,I know the “normal” tv picks are sorted for November, but if they are to show the others on Sky and BT they need be deciding whose having what soon,and to sort the kick off times as well.

Like I say you’d like to think that will be this week or at very latest start of next week

Well looks like with that there is going to be some movement sooner than later,I know the “normal” tv picks are sorted for November, but if they are to show the others on Sky and BT they need be deciding whose having what soon,and to sort the kick off times as well.

Like I say you’d like to think that will be this week or at very latest start of next week

Yeah, this week is better than next week but don’t be surprised if they announce it at the END of next week and that’s only the changes to that very gameweek (when we play Spurs) and then do the same for another week next week and then when we’re finally in December they announce for December only (and that too only half of December) and have us waiting yet again for the rest ...

But I think it’s coming sooner rather than later ... surely they have already finalised them all given Carabao announced the semi finals on Tue and Wed and 5:30pm and 8:00pm kickoffs ... they just couldn’t have if they didn’t know who’s playing Sat or Sun before and after that midweek, unless they plan to change their lineup yet again depending on when PL announces thiers.

Yeah, this week is better than next week but don’t be surprised if they announce it at the END of next week and that’s only the changes to that very gameweek (when we play Spurs) and then do the same for another week next week and then when we’re finally in December they announce for December only (and that too only half of December) and have us waiting yet again for the rest ...

But I think it’s coming sooner rather than later ... surely they have already finalised them all given Carabao announced the semi finals on Tue and Wed and 5:30pm and 8:00pm kickoffs ... they just couldn’t have if they didn’t know who’s playing Sat or Sun before and after that midweek, unless they plan to change their lineup yet again depending on when PL announces thiers.

why can’t they choose the prem games around the CC games. It doesn’t HAVE to be the other way round.

why can’t they choose the prem games around the CC games. It doesn’t HAVE to be the other way round.

True that ... never thought of it because in the past cup ties almost always come up AFTER the next few months are always fixed down in calendar already as far as league games are concerned ... this time obviously it’s gone the other way around where Carabao played out earlier fixtures quickly and now have the Quarters way ahead a few months while PL is taking ages to fix game times so yeah could be the other way around ...

But knowing that Sky has “fixed” those dates for Carabao given they’re the ones showing all four Quarters and then having announced two of them to be 5:30pm kickoffs in midweek (first time I’m guessing), I’m pretty sure at least Sky knows at the back who’s playing when in those two gameweeks around it.

Premier League's Official Statement:

All fixtures from 21 November through to New Year will be available to fans to watch live in the UK

The Premier League today announces that all fixtures from Saturday 21 November, and throughout the Christmas and new year period, will be made available to fans to watch live in the UK.

Working with our broadcast partners, and with the support of clubs, all matches will be shown via existing Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon and BBC services.

Details of the first additional selections covering the period until the end of November are announced today.

December and January selections will follow in due course alongside our usual UK live matches.

Accessible solution for fans

There is a full schedule of Premier League matches over the festive period and clubs are committed to an accessible solution for fans.

These plans have been made with the cooperation of our broadcast partners, working with us to deliver these additional matches while stadiums are missing the supporters who are such an integral part of the game.

Review in the new year

The agreement will be reviewed in the new year following consultation with clubs, broadcast partners and in line with any decisions made by Government regarding the return of spectators to stadiums.

The Premier League and our clubs remain committed to the safe return of fans as soon as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.