Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

You haven’t seen much then
I have, but never before has a show had such set, established, fleshed out characters, all set on individual journeys that a massive fanbase were hugely invested in, then just thrown all that away and made them all do things that made literally no sense for their character. It was almost as if it was written by someone who hadn't even watched the rest of it. Same for the world, they fucked off most of it in about 10 minutes because they couldn't be arsed coming up with a solution for it. Then to top it all off, they completely forgot the core message of the entire show (that staying King and ruling is harder than actually just becoming King) and had the worlds least popular dwarf appoint the rolling personality vacuum as King without any reason, explanation or suggestion as to why that would work and then just pretending that everything would now be okay. It was beyond crap. It was so bad, it killed off the most popular TV show in history, almost instantly. I've literally never seen a show fall so far, so fast

Oh I dunno, I kinda felt the opposite. I thought a lot of people were willing to forgive the flaws because they'd invested so much time into it (I was one of them). And the final season was really rushed. It really should have gone on for another season, because what should have been a slow descent into madness for me came across as a spur-of-the-moment hissy fit. Jon coming back to life was a problem too, because it then removed all trepidation for his character from that point on. Whenever he was in danger (in the battle scene a few episodes later) you knew he'd survive because they wouldn't bring him back to life just to kill him off in the next few episodes.

For me The Two Towers was by far the best LOTR film.

Only caught an hour last night but was shocked how bad it had dated and how clunky some of the dialogue was. Haven’t seen two towers for years.

Only caught an hour last night but was shocked how bad it had dated and how clunky some of the dialogue was. Haven’t seen two towers for years.
To be fair, I think that's the style. It's that overly formal historical genre (like all of the period dramas where everyone is always so "pleased to make your acquaintance"). In fact, one of the main appeals of GOT when it first came out was that they used naturalistic dialogue in a fantasy setting, which wasn't common at the time.

Lord of The Fucking Rings.

So many plot holes where the powers they had meant it could have all been done in 20minutes, but they dragged it out over what seemed like 8 days of bollocks.

And all other such shite, where you need to disconnect your observation and critical thinking abilities.. of which I have many, in order to watch them.

What powers?

Only the Maiar and sauron had proper magical powers, the elves and ring wraiths could wield some magic and enchant objects but not do much more than small scale stuff like, not enough to win an all out war.

Using the one rings magic was lethal long term.

It was mainly non magical beings on the quest, the Maiar are less fighty and more magical in the books tbf.

LOTR were brilliant event movies, over those three consecutive Christmas holidays. An excellently realised big screen adaptation of the famous books.

What powers?

Only the Maiar and sauron had proper magical powers, the elves and ring wraiths could wield some magic and enchant objects but not do much more than small scale stuff like, not enough to win an all out war.

It was mainly non magical beings on the quest, the Maiar are less fighty and more magical in the books tbf.
Generally it's the eagles people object to, which is fair-ish I suppose but even then a bit unlikely that you could fly them through Mordor if it wasn't already empty, without Nazgul flying around, millions of orcs shooting at them etc.

So many plot holes where the powers they had meant it could have all been done in 20minutes, but they dragged it out over what seemed like 8 days of bollocks.

And all other such shite, where you need to disconnect your observation and critical thinking abilities.. of which I have many, in order to.watch them.
What powers?

The Eagles could have taken they two twats all.the way there when they saved them on that cliff edge.

And all other such shite, where you need to disconnect your observation and critical thinking abilities.. of which I have many, in order to.watch them.

The Eagles could have taken they two twats all.the way there when they saved them on that cliff edge.

Maybe Tolkien hadn't thought of the eagles when he wrote the first book ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.