Pep's contract situation

Why does this make it sound like he was going to go, but didn't want to leave during the coronavirus pandemic?

"I don't want to leave before saying goodbye" is not exactly what I'd hoped for when he signs on to be the manager for 2 1/2 more seasons.

He was talking about having the supporters back in the stadium and now he hopes he now can say goodbye in 2023 to the supporters properly.

Do you think pep wants us to regress or he likes it if we are playing bad.
Pep has been with us for 4 years, if he feels he has done all he can, I am sure he won’t sign an extension. If he is not committed he won’t sign an extension. All we have to do is trust him that he can bring us good because he has done it before.
He's commited himself to us till Summer '23. I hope I'm wrong but I think Pep has taken us as far as he can. I'm not as delighted as most he's extended, it seems.

If he stays until the end of his contract he will be the 2nd longest serving manager post-war we've ever had behind Joe Mercer
Not true.

Les McDowall was in charge from 1950-63. Wilf Wild was boss for 14 years - 1932-46, though that, of course, included the six years of WW II and Ernest Mangnall was manager from 1912-24, including the four years of WW I.

Sir Joe’s reign was just over six years; from summer '65-October '71.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.