Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

We are way too predictable. Everyone in league knows how we will approach the match. This has been going since last season and we are now approaching our full strength squad. Not sure from where change will come

We've always been predictable which is fine as long as we score the first goal. We're still comfortably the best footballing team in the league but we are so wasteful and as soon as we go behind our heads drop. I think after the Lyon debacle the players stopped believing in Pep. What has changed since he said a few weeks ago that he had to earn the new contract?

As a team we seemed to play to our weaknesses. The slow players had room to run, those who need time had none, those who make time had no options, and those who had options made the wrong ones. A collective failure.

We also seem to be lacking confidence.

Some complete bellends on here. Undone by the usual 10 behind the ball sucker punch tactics - we aren't shit, Pep isn't done; what we need is to be clinical and enjoy the kind of officiating out "rivals" enjoy. Would you all be happy supporting a team like spuds, totally defensive and relying on scoring the few chances you get?

What does annoy me with Pep is the blinkered view of Mahrez and Gundog (not his fault today), and his reluctance to make changes. Also, keep close to son and Kane - not hard to predict pre-match.

Very poor. Very very very poor. Very poor. Oh well...remember, we've been repeatedly reminded that the ONLY competition that matters is the Chumps league..so this is fine.

We made Eric Dier look like Baresi let that sink in. Maybe just maybe this will see a change back to ruthless Pep. He certainly stormed down the tunnel and cannot be pleased with the fight shown in this match. The second goal killed us and even though I don't like VAR it was a decision that if against us we would all agree with. Given the quality of our players we shouldn't be moaning about a handball call. It feels like we've hit bottom so we can only go one way. The main worry for me is the lack of leadership. Kev was trying too hard.

Going forward maybe it's time to give Steffan a go in goal and finally get shut of FFS. I also think the Cancelo left back experiment should end. He did ok but we look out of balance without a left footer as he tends to always look inside.

Depressed as I am I don't think it's as dire as some may think - all the elements are there we just need to find the right combination and play more as a team. Too many times we have players feeling they have to do it all. Back to basics, have a tough look at themselves and come back stronger.

And yes all of you Riyad fan boys I really feel he is the main issue, sorry about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.