Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

I don't care if we were crap, plenty of crap teams win matches with crap performances.
I do care about selective use of VAR or not.
West Ham goal v us was no different to our goal yesterday but not even looked at, not even shown on highlights as part of the build up.

Headlines from Leeds away match "late handball ruled out and Ederson clanger"

The same things are happening every week. We're either being shafted or our style of play no longer works

As for Pep, some big decisions needed on the squad, some of the big purchases are not working and do not improve the team.
Rodriguez, too slow
Mahrez, far too inconsistent
Cancelo, expensive purchase not being used properly, did we need him or should money have been spent elsewhere.
Ederson, on easy street, making too many mistakes.
Mendy, wtf.
Ake, sicknote

A fortune spent on defence and we're still piss easy to score against but can't hit a barn door. Not a good combination.

This will be the easiest Title to win this year, up there with Leicester's year yet we are pissing it away again. Too much focus on that sitty Champions League and the Messi Circus.
League is your bread and butter and the odd simple inexpensive purchase of ready made player can do a job. We have stopped doing this and every signing is a big money deal and its biting us on the arse. Every signing does not work out.

I don't think the overall performance was as bad as people are making out. We dominated Spurs and had our attacking players been something other than the inconsistent clowns they've been for too long now, we'd have won comfortably.

Too much analysis of what feels like a straight forward problem for me. The 'attack' has gotten complacent since the 18/19 season. Far too many players playing within themselves or playing for themselves. Even KDB's decision making, and cutting edge has been massively blunted.

I said it back then, and it's worth repeating now. Those players (who won 198 points over two seasons) needed a BIG shake up after 18/19. They need fresh blood, competition, and new solutions. Torres was brought in a year too late. I suspect that there'll be a rebuild akin to 2017 next summer.

This season is now officially in the 'transitional' basket.

I don't think the overall performance was as bad as people are making out. We dominated Spurs and had our attacking players been something other than the inconsistent clowns they've been for too long now, we'd have won comfortably.

Too much analysis of what feels like a straight forward problem for me. The 'attack' has gotten complacent since the 18/19 season. Far too many players playing within themselves or playing for themselves. Even KDB's decision making, and cutting edge has been massively blunted.

I said it back then, and it's worth repeating now. Those players (who won 198 points over two seasons) needed a BIG shake up after 18/19. They need fresh blood, competition, and new solutions. Torres was brought in a year too late. I suspect that there'll be a rebuild akin to 2017 next summer.

This season is now officially in the 'transitional' basket.

Ahsan, right?

Do you still think uncertainty around Pep's future was a direct cause of our poor performances? Because you seemed pretty adamant about that on the post-renewal episode.

Thought it was odd at the time because I listened to Nedum Onuoha's interview just before and when he was asked whether it made a difference when he was playing, his answer was a pretty resounding no.

Apologies if I have you confused with someone else.

Not sure how accurate this is statistic is.

Spurs have scored 10 goals from 12 attempts against us.

If true that is insane.

Why do we keep playing exactly the same way against sides,we know will exploit our lack of pace.

Spurs game plan was very simple. Exactly the same as last season.

Let us have the Ball,and dominate all the possession.

wait for the inevitable missed place pass "THEN BOOM" attack at pace,and 90% time score against us.

When are we going to address this ffs ?

Come up with a better plan,instead of doing the same thing,over,and over.and over again.

Good morning all. That was a tough one yesterday.

The lack of atmosphere and certainly no break has killed the legs of some in the team. We literally had less than 3 weeks from end of last season to this one. Just feels flat which is pretty evident for us all to see.

The transition from defence to attack is slower than previous and that is down to no fernandino. Rodri relies on his strength to get him out of trouble on the turn. He is slower than fern. But he's still a good footballer and I can't see him out of the team. Marmite player. Some will appreciate his attributes and many won't.

Foden needs to play in the middle with kev. We need one of Torres or Sterling to play on the right instead of Mahrez.

Have jesus up front on that left with a fit aguero and we will be back up there come Feb, hopefully putting in a late challenge.

Mahrez needs to stay well away from the starting lineup. He's effective when the game is done and opened up. Or start him against Burton in league Cup. He's usually good against dross. He put in a world class perforamce against Zimbabwe in the week which no doubt had the Algerian footballing community feeling vindicated with their beliefs that he should be starting every week. Clowns

I think we can all agree now that we have a lot of problems:

Pep
Players
Formation
Tactics

However, the biggest problem for me is the board or more specifically KAM,Txiki and Soriano. Leadership from the top is stale and it is having a detrimental impact on the football.

Pep in my opinion needs to be put under pressure to perform and they are failing in this regard. The whole club looks like it is currently on a sabbatical.

In current form Pep should not have been offered an extension. We all love the man and what he has achieved but it is now turning into a nightmare scenario.

Wake me up when we have decided to play football again.

Anyone seen Prince Naseem these last few years? He looks like a scotch egg in a wig. Fair play to him, he earned the right to take it easy.

Now imagine if he was still fighting, still baiting opposition and still not putting his guard up. Say he's getting knocked clean out in the first twenty seconds of nearly every fight. It's only reasonable that you'd either expect him to attempt to block strikes to his face or to hang up his gloves, right?

The analogy doesn't really work because Pep's not the one in the ring but I'm sure the players wouldn't mind having at least some semblance of a defensive game plan other trying to keep the opposition at arm's length for twelve rounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.