Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

So two posters who are chatting shite..
We will comfortably be in the top 4, in fact we will be challenging for the title whilst utd will struggle to make the top 7.
You can get back to me in May.

I had a look through the reaction to the Spurs loss and Pep performance thread and it's about half a dozen posters responsible for 90% of the doom-mongering, season is over, Pep is finished, club is pathetic etc. talk.

They post an inordinate amount of times in a single thread and like each others posts which gives a very distorted impression of how the forum is thinking. I think most people have kept their heads well enough and know how disrupted our start to the season has been compared to our competitors.

Wow were 13th now. Utterly speechless! Unreal the Rags are above us
Fucking embarrassing
Still the ostrichs will have you believe there's nothing wrong and Pep is doing just Dandy. I'll tell you our biggest problem , We no longer have the fear factor. Every team with a few exceptions fancy there chances now and why wouldn't they. Snail like in midfield, high line and no goals.
Posters last week saying the rest of the league would be shaking at the thought of Pep extending his contract.Really?
Once you lose the fear factor it never returns, just ask Mike Tyson.

I had a look through the reaction to the Spurs loss and Pep performance thread and it's about half a dozen posters responsible for 90% of the doom-mongering, season is over, Pep is finished, club is pathetic etc. talk.

They post an inordinate amount of times in a single thread and like each others posts which gives a very distorted impression of how the forum is thinking. I think most people have kept their heads well enough and know how disrupted our start to the season has been compared to our competitors.
I didn’t even look at the threads regarding Pep or the Spurs result until Monday morning.
Seen how many pages had been added to the Pep signing a new deal one and knew it would have gone from everyone buzzing he’d signed to a handful of wankers calling him finished after one defeat. Had better things to do than call out, like you say, the same posters who seem to have been put onto the planet to suck the fucking joy out being a blue.
There are around 10-15 members on here atm who as soon as you see their username, regardless of subject, will be putting a negative slant on things.
Honestly can’t wrap my head around anybody who finds it as painful as they do to support City.
In fact, the word ‘support’ seems an alien concept to them, the miserable cunts.

when we go a goal down early on, it is virtually guaranteed we will lose the game. speaks volumes about the team's character that. abysmal

The fourth time this season the opposition has scored first and the first time we’ve lost, but otherwise....

It's normal to lose if you go behind in a game.

On average between the 2014/15 - 2016/17 Premier League seasons, the team that scored the first goal won 70% of matches. When that team is at home, it jumps to 75%.

So the whole idea that it's an unusually bad thing if we lose in games we concede first is just madness, but it's worse than that, because if you actually look at City's "terrible record"

From the beginning of 2017/18 until now, Manchester City have gone behind 40 times. In those 40 matches we have won 17, drawn 6 and lost 17.

Which means that we actually massively overachieve in games when conceding first. Instead of losing 70% of games, we lose 42.5%.

Instead of winning just 11.5% of games in which we concede first (the average), we win 42.5%.

We even outperform this when you adjust it to only include top 4 teams.

Not for the first time it seems like the collective memory/ conventional wisdom of this forum is a long way from the truth, although I place a lot of the blame for that on that stupid (wrong) sporting intelligence stat.

Still the ostrichs will have you believe there's nothing wrong and Pep is doing just Dandy. I'll tell you our biggest problem , We no longer have the fear factor. Every team with a few exceptions fancy there chances now and why wouldn't they. Snail like in midfield, high line and no goals.
Posters last week saying the rest of the league would be shaking at the thought of Pep extending his contract.Really?
Once you lose the fear factor it never returns, just ask Mike Tyson.

Think teams parking the bus says they do fear us or they would play open football.

It's normal to lose if you go behind in a game.

On average between the 2014/15 - 2016/17 Premier League seasons, the team that scored the first goal won 70% of matches. When that team is at home, it jumps to 75%.

So the whole idea that it's a bad thing if we lose in games we concede first is just madness, but it's worse than that, because if you actually look at City's "terrible record"

From the beginning of 2017/18 until now, Manchester City have gone behind 40 times. In those 40 matches we have won 17, drawn 6 and lost 17.

Which means that we actually massively overachieve in games when conceding first. Instead of losing 70% of games, we lose 42.5%.

Instead of winning just 11.5% of games in which we concede first (the average), we win 42.5%.

Not for the first time it seems like the collective memory of this forum is a long way from the facts.
what are those stats for the past 2 seasons mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.